on 18 June 2016
I have always been curious about the connections between Yoga and Buddhism. Where I am currently living (Chichester, West Sussex) yoga classes are very focused on the body and the most accessible classes are the fashionable hot yoga classes. There's no Ashtanga or Inyengar classes for about 50 miles. (& with the bottle neck road conditions and dire public transport system in the UK that's really far!) As a consequence I have turned to buddhism to deepen my self reflection, meditation and to recieve teachings.

This book is a balanced collection of essays with various perspectives on the similarities of yoga and buddhism. I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest in either yoga or buddhism and also people who are curious about yoga as a spiritual practice.
on 14 January 2012
I was inspired with the chapters by Jill Satterfield and Ajahn Amaro. The rest was kind of the theoretical overview of spirituality. What was missing for me was the link between the authors own spirituality and the content.