on 30 March 2014
Sometimes when you find a nice long book it drags . . . not this one. Just when you are starting to get restless the plot shoots off in a slightly different way making a good read.

A freehold series? will be interesting to see as this is very complete in itself.

Grumbles? Well some might find the political and social commentry a bit too much, but at the end of the day it does give a bit more to ponder about . . . but it is a bit extreme and very much it seems based on the US political system and financial idealology, but it doesn't detract from the story

Would I read more . . . mmm that'll be a yes then
on 2 June 2014
The plotting can appear a bit thin but if you stick with it you will be rewarded with a page-turning finale. However, along the way the description of Freedom's society can come across as a rather strange amalgam of right wing politics and libertarianism. As a result whilst I enjoyed the book overall there were substantial chunks of it that left me wondering just what they had to do with the plot.
on 31 December 2014
I'm astounded. An e-book that warrants 5 stars. I haven't read any of the other reviews, so my take on this book isn't clouded by the thoughts of others.

I'm not going to go through the story, it's too good for me to want to do that to you. It's gripping, has excellent narrative, great storyline and depth of character. They aren't two-dimensional characters.

Read it. You won't be sorry.
on 29 March 2014
Freehold is an interesting concept...
If you liked Heinlein, you'll like this. Competent military SF, well-drawn characters. Watch the aardvarks don't get you!
on 2 July 2015
A good and convincing story. I look forward to reading the further volumes in the series.
on 6 July 2014
Good book. Enjoyed it and liked the portrayal of an alternate society. Yes - well worth reading.
on 4 February 2014
Well worth a read, I am looking for more Freehold books right now. Very well written and believable characters and situations
on 5 October 2014
Great
on 1 February 2015
The first of this author's books I have read. I certainly look for and read more!
I have read others from Baen books and they were good. This was outstanding!
on 25 August 2014
Excellent story, kept me hooked.