- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Bantam Press (2 Jan. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0593064070
- ISBN-13: 978-0593064078
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 1.8 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (213 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
3,736 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #4 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Eating Disorders
- #5 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Eating Disorders
- #14 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology > Emotions
Freedom From Emotional Eating(CD+DVD) Paperback – 2 Jan 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The brilliant new weight-loss book from the million-copy-selling author of I Can Make You Thin
About the Author
Over the past twenty years, Paul McKenna, Ph.D. has helped millions of people successfully lose weight, quit smoking, overcome insomnia, eliminate stress, and increase self-confidence. He is Britain's bestselling non-fiction author, having sold 10 million books in the last 10 years, and his TV shows and live appearances have been watched and attended by hundreds of millions of people in 42 countries around the world.
Paul has famously worked his unique brand of personal transformation with Hollywood movie stars, Olympic gold medallists, rock stars, top business achievers, and royalty. He has consistently astounded his audiences and clients by proving how small changes in people's lives can yield huge results, whether it's curing someone of a lifelong phobia, an addiction or clearing up deep-seated issues in a matter of days...
Now, it's your turn!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I've had a problem with emotional eating since I was a teenager, which developed into a full blown eating disorder, due to strict dieting...so I totally agree with Paul that diets make things worse...you tell yourself you 'shouldn't' eat 'forbidden' foods and before you know it you find yourself binging on those foods..surprise, surprise!! (I guess it's the basic law of physics 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction').
After reading a book on overeating in my twenties I managed to get myself out of the binge/diet/excessive exercise cycle that had taken over my life & was making me very miserable & ill.
I stopped weighing myself, ate what I wanted when I was physically hungry, was kind to myself & over a year returned to my normal weight.
BUT...& I didn't like to admit it, over the years since, like an addict, I was still tending to turn a bit to food around my emotional up and downs, especially in the last few years, gradually gaining (I'm guessing looking at photos) a fair amount of weight.
I noticed this book 2 weeks ago & ordered it straight away, thinking this could be answer to my prayers.
I've been listening to the CD before bed and I can't believe how disinterested in food I am!! I only think of food when I'm genuinely hungry and I am not bothered apart from that, but I'm feeling absolutely fine...I'm just not getting as upset about day to day problems, feel better in myself and not once have I felt the need to reach for food to 'sooth' myself.
ALSO!..I am far more active...not fanatical exercising..Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
no CD or DVD included in the order - very disappointing and quality of book was poor standard, clearly worn and marks on it.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Amazing book! It really rings true! Very informative and easy to follow. Highly recommended.Published 3 months ago by donski238
Looking forward to read this book and listening to the cd soon. I really enjoy Paul McKenna's book, they are well researched and written.Published 4 months ago by lorraine
Perfect the book and cd addresses emotional eating spot on and since reading the book and using the dvd and cd have felt lots better and not just with the eating but in general... Read morePublished 5 months ago by blissful lady
Ive given this a couple of months, since it says it may take time, BUT I AM OVEREATING MORE AND 3KG FATTER. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Zak Loverman
This book has changed my life. I find it so easy to not overeat. I'm a massive Paul McKenna fan. This has such great explanations for why we eat our emotions.Published 6 months ago by Bro
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Weight Control
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Eating Disorders
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Popular Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Eating Disorders
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Emotions
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help