on 20 April 2016
There are several categories of people who complete the End to End trip. These in short are as follows

Serious Athletic nutters........those that do it in ridiculously short periods of time such as 5 days. The record is actually 42 hours but that is off the nutter index altogether

Seriously misguided nutters.........those that do it on pogo sticks, skateboards, pushing a pea with their nose etc

Simple nutters.........................who do it for enjoyment ( often on their own)

Charity Supporters....................(of which I was one last year) and who spend the entire trip wishing they had not done it ( of which I was one last year)

Amusing nutters.........which clearly describes George and Bens trip from Lands End to John O Groats

The vast majority of books written about the End To End trip are almost as dire to read as actually undertaking the trip itself. This is most definitely not the case with this book that kept me constantly amused from start to finish. It is a must read for all those who are dim witted to actually want to undertake the journey. I live in Penzance so can barely cross the road as there is constant stream of cyclists ( all of whom are still maniacally keen at the 10 mile stage.....only another 1000 miles to go I cheerily tell them) So as your hand hovers over the buy icon take my advice and hit it pronto

You won't regret it

Ernest Craske

The charity Brigade...............of which I was one last year
on 17 April 2017
Don't you hate it when peoples reviews say, Laugh out loud funny.
Well, this book is hilarious and laugh out loud funny and I'm not joking. The tale of two intrepid travellers who decide to travel from Lands End to John O'Groats, but with a twist. They arrive at the start line wearing nothing but matching Union Jack boxer shorts. Their aim to ride the length of Great Britain without spending any money. Everything from the clothes, the food, the places to sleep even the bikes they hope to be given for free to prove that the people of Great Britain are officially nice. If the image of two men sharing a pair of socks and a pair of shoes doesn't make you smile, wait until Pinky arrives on the scene!
A fantastic book that you won't be able to put down until you actually can! (Just read the book)
on 9 March 2017
My 30 minute lunch sitting in my van won't be the same now I have finished this hilarious book. If you like an easy lighthearted read, then give this book a go. If you can imagine what two guys would say and do when left to complete a long journey by themselves, then you get the idea of this book. Lots of blokey comments and silly things that only two friends could get away with saying to each other. I admire them immensely for what they achieved, I for one wouldn't have the brass neck to get away with what they did. Loved it so much, I shall buy more of George's books right away.
on 15 April 2017
Exactly how every travel book should be written. The humorous approach to dealing with the entropic nature of travelling, and the issues arising from travelling with a friend keeps you gripped throughout the book, as though you are right along with them, rife with uncertainty as to whether you will have anywhere to sleep that night, or food to keep you going. This book goes a long way to highlight human nature and generosity, but it also does so much more. This book inspires you to go forth onto your own adventure, to enjoy the journey itself and not to worry about the destination; to finish the journey, or not to finish the journey, it doesn't matter, you will see along the way what you need to see and journeys seldom go truly to plan. Upon finishing this book I immediately purchased others written by George Mahood, and expect them to meet the high standards set by this read.
on 4 June 2017
I have read 4 of George Mahood's books and I think this is the funniest. I still haven't worked out if he is barking mad, brilliant or both!! George must have charm and negotiating skills by the bucketful to obtain the clothing, food, beers and overnight stays - not to mention the bikes - from a variety of kind people. I found myself crying with laughter at some of the passages. He is a gifted story teller whose work is compulsive reading. There simply must be a film in this book and that would be good all-round family entertainment.
on 12 May 2017
This is one of the most entertaining books I've read for a long time. A slightly bizarre idea, maybe more than slightly, but the generosity and spirit of ordinary folk was a joy to read.

Hats off to both George and Ben for undertaking such a challenge, I only wish my home city (Carlisle) had been a wee bit nicer.
on 20 May 2017
This was a brilliant read and it really wakes you up to the beauty of our land and countrymen. I am a 65 years old retired lorry driver and I have driven the length and breadth of Great Britain but never managed to have as much fun as these two chaps.Good on`em. Goldrosperman.
on 4 May 2017
This is one amazingly funny account of two great guys and their adventurous cycle through Britain and the people they meet on their arduous journey. It is so well written and I felt as though I was on journey with them and truly wished I had been there with them and was rather envious of the fact that I wasn't there. I loved the rapport these guys had, they complemented each other with their friendly wit and banter. I haven't stopped telling my family and friends that they must read this guarantee them that they will not be disappointed.
on 3 June 2017
Loved reading about the adventures of these two. I've always believed in the good nature of the majority of people and here they proved it. As a walker I enjoyed hearing of their travels through the length of Britain.
on 4 May 2017
Intrigued by the plot,so being curious bought the book.
Glad I did.
It's amazing how the boys seemed to get positive responses from the Great British Public,with their kindness and generosity.
Definitely a page turner,because you will want to know what happened next.
Very funny,very moving at times,highly recommended.