Style Name: Original|Change

on 11 November 2015
I have to admit that it has taken me a year to finally buy this plate because of the price. I am a little bit of a skin flint and when I can buy a normal plate for 50p then anything over that is expensive! ! However I have a 5 yr old girl on the waiting list for camhs reference ADHD possible ASD and a 2 yr old who copies his over exuberant sister!! And meal times are a bonafide nightmare with neither of them eating... I therefore finally took the plunge and I have to say it was a success. My 5 yr old still got off her chair twice but was so interested in the plate and the chocolate prize at the end that she finished a whole meal in double quick time. My 2 yr old skipped straight to pudding so note to self that 2 yr old are tricky :) I have since used these plates on numerous occasions with similar positive results. (I no longer put the pudding option in for the 2 yr old until he has eaten)

The only real negative is it isn't easily used with certain food because the holes aren't huge. Eg a burger in a bun etc just doesn't fit so it was back to the old plates for that meal which degenerated back into no eating and sillyness so the plate is a great addition to our household.
on 23 February 2016
We have had this plate a few weeks now and I am delighted with the progress my son is making. He is 8 years old and has never ate a proper meal he lives on pizza and cereal. Over the past few weeks he has had sweetcorn carrots potatoes and chicken and tonight he ate chilli and rice. He enjoys meal times now. He still doesn't seem to enjoy eating but he is trying things and making huge progress. The portions are very small but any progress is a step in the right direction. I would buy this even if it was £40 I really do recommend it, only people who have fussy eaters will understand how important a plate can become if it helps them eat. Long way to go but defo a success so far.
on 20 March 2016
This was bought for my very picky granddaughter, it is fab, she loves it and now eats all the food, can't wait to get to the treat at the end.
The food sections could be larger but it's doing the job
on 20 April 2016
My asd 6 year old wasn't too sure at first but with time he's getting better at using it and slowly trying some new foods. Massive sensory issues and severely limited diet but this is the best way I've found of encouraging trying new things. Early days still but even a small taste is a big step. Love the little reward box at the end. We use it for tokens which are put in a money box to save for a new toy.
on 29 September 2016
Brilliant little dinner plate, my little sister struggles to eat an I bought her this and it made dinner time much more fun for her. It is a brilliant idea and encouraged her to eat much better. Recommended to anyone who's trying to encourage their little one to eat or to make dinner time fun.
on 21 August 2016
My 22 month old little girl goes through phases of being fussy. This plate helps her compartmentalise her food as she often gets upset if something 'saucy' touches something she wants dry. It's help to take some of the stress out of meal times. Little pricey but worth it for a happy toddler
on 23 April 2016
This plate has become a firm favourite in our home. My 3 year old son loves it. He has autism and having his food "sectioned up" or kept separate means for a much happier meal time. This has enabled me to encourage him to try new foods.

The quality of the plate itself is extremely good, very hard wearing and indestructible even at the hands of a 3 year old! Sturdy, brightly coloured and the added bonus of a game and being a "winner" when your dinner is finished was a big incentive for my little man. Would highly recommend this plate
on 15 September 2016
these plates are a definite incentive for fussy eaters to try something new. My four year old grandson has made real steps since using his. only criticism is that the plate is printed "upside down" \if you turn it round so that the reward is at the end, the words and pictures are the wrong way round. Nevertheless well worth trying, it certainly helps us.
on 4 March 2016
Absolutely the best money I've spent on this site. My son liberally hates eating and every tea time was a furious battle. Now he knows the exact number of mouthfuls he's having and that if he finishes he gets a treat. This has changed our lives
on 26 August 2016
Great idea, difficult to know if its enough food for your children though. As your perception is different as if it was on a plate.

The game idea really does work well though and resulted in several no hassle tea times.

The treats don't always need to be naughty, my daughter quite enjoyed finding blueberries and grapes etc...