- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Francofonia is the story of two remarkable men, louvre director Jacques Jaujard and Nazi Occupation officer Count Franziskus Wolff-Metternich - enemies then collaborators - whose alliance would be the driving force behind the preservation of museum treasures. v explores the relationship between art and power, the Louvre museum as a living example of civilization, and what art tells us about ourselves even in the midst of one of the bloodiest conflicts the world has ever seen.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Looks an intriguing portrayal.
Good grief. Over what seems like six or seven hours, we are treated to acting more wooden than the chairs being sat on or the doors which on at least one occasion an actor struggled to open. We are assailed with shots of various ships in storms accompanied by amateur video effects aiming to give the impression that it is being seen on a computer screen. Whilst on video effects, do we need fake film scratches? Do we need a representation of the sound track at the edge of the film? Do we need any of it? Enough rhetoric: the answer is a clear No.
What better way to spend an evening? For little more than the cost of the hire I could have bought a tube of Veet for Men which would surely have caused less pain.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've paid good money to watch this film as part of research for my 4th novel. There are no English subtitles available which wasn't stated before I bought it. Refund please!Published 2 months ago by Angela Barton
I'm sure this is a great film. It's a shame, though, that the streaming version has no ENG subtitles!Published 2 months ago by Nick