- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
François Baucher: The Man and His Method Paperback – 1 Sep 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Hilda Nelson is the Emeritus Professor of French Civilization and Literature at San Diego State University in Southern California. She is the author of several books and articles on the subject, and translated Antoine de Pluvinel's classic of horsemanship Le Maneige Royal for J.A. Allen. In 1983-4 she spent part of a sabbatical at St Antony's College, Oxford, and still visits England and France once or twice a year to pursue her investigations into the relationship between Classical horsemanship and Humanism, both through written works and through observation at the Ecole Nationale at Saumur. She also takes dressage lessons both in England and the United States. She lives with her husband, horses and dogs at Mount Laguna, California, in the midst of the Cleveland National Forest. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Baucher did find the words to explain the undestanding of horse and rider, the forces, the balance the mental attitude, are the least subjects any dressage, rider should have to learn.
In my experience as a High School Horse Trainer, I can say that I have tried this method and would be not afraid to say is the most Eficient, Craftiest, method I have heard.
Looking forward to purcahse further books around this topic.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Styles & Movements
- Books > Biography > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Circus
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Equestrian & Animal Sports