on 3 April 2017
This review is very much a first impression. I'm writing a book set in spring, and it's spring now. So I looked at the spring section of this book and found that they author has never heard of grey British spring days, which are still too cold to dispense with coats, but not pouring with rain. The author assumes that spring either has nice showers or warm sunny days. No bleugh greyness and 10 degrees centigrade.
Also, most of the prompts seem to be aimed at children, and children of the Enid Blyton world, but a bit Americanised. Some of the prompts seem aimed at gardners and people who know something about flowers and vegetation. I haven't yet found an urban prompt.
Not the most useful prompt source I have. I'm glad it was free. If at any point I change my mind, I will revisit this review.
on 29 February 2016
I have found this an extremely interesting and helpful book when I found myself in the grip of writers block.
on 15 May 2017
Useful
on 30 January 2014
I was given this book for free and politely asked if I would review it in return. Bryan, I am delighted to do so. As an avid reader and a very amateur writer who simply enjoys writing short stories, articles on topics of the day, poetry, private thoughts and so on; this book was such a pleasure to read. For me personally I found it inspirational. It excited me! I try to write something daily, be it just a few sentences or an actual short story et al and I confess there are times I just sit and look at a blank page and think "what now?" I want to write but nothing is jumping into my mind. This wonderful little book has lots of "what if?" situations covering many subjects under the umbrella term of the four seasons. The open-ended questions approach generates many situations to gain ideas from no matter what type of writing anyone may be tackling. Just to give you an idea of how impressed I am I have purchased two more of your books Bryan and am eagerly anticipating lots more great ideas and much inspiration to encourage me to keep at it. Thank you and good luck.
on 21 December 2014
The ideas are not really very inspiring more the sort of essay you would set in an school class.
on 3 March 2014
I can happily recommend this book to anyone who writes - whether it is the child at school writing short stories, or the published author. There is something in here for everyone. The book is broken down into the four seasons but then within that you have different headings like nature, science, people. Everything you could wish for.

With this book in your library, your creativity will know no bounds. Loved it.

on 27 May 2015
This book is a great idea for stimulating thoughts and creativity. My guess is that it's targeted at younger writers. I didn't find any suggestions in it that really worked for me but that's just a personal thing. I've no doubt this book will appeal to quite a few aspiring authors. Also it's free at the moment on Kindle so it's well worth a look.
on 14 June 2014
As I am doing an Advanced Creative Writing module starting October 2014 to finish my BA Hons degree with the Open University, I thought this would be an ideal gift to myself. I intend using one prompt each day to get into the habit of writing creatively after 4 years of academic essays. Ideal on my Kindle which I can take with me wherever I go.
on 23 April 2016
Curiosity drew me to this book.Having run creative writing workshops for many years in the UK and devising many, many writing exercises, I thought I would get this book on my Kindle to see if I could glean ideas for future writing sessions.
This is definitely a book filled with ideas to get children writing and also it could help an adult with writers block.
on 18 March 2016
I choose five star rating because I found it an excellent book. I liked every aspect of it because it covered a lot of writing areas like fiction non fiction and poetry which I love. I would highly recommend it to anyone with an eagerness to write.