Foucault, Power, and Education (Routledge Key Ideas in Education) Paperback – 8 Feb 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Ball's use of Foucault as applied to specific instances of educational policy is a powerful model for scholars and students as it provides an approach through which to analyze and understand past and present educational policy. Summing Up: Reccommended."- J.A. Helfer, Knox College, for CHOICE, November 2013
"........what Ball has constructed here is valuable, partly because he brings his subject into relief personally, intellectually and methodologically; but also and more importantly because he goes beyond just analysing and applying Foucault and attempts to ‘do’ Foucault. It is his use of genealogy and the distinct autobiographical slant which appears and reappears throughout that set this book apart, and make it needed." ― Ben Knight, International Journal of Lifelong Education
About the Author
Stephen Ball is Karl Mannheim Professor of Sociology of Education, Institute of Education, University of London.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Strategies & Policy
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Philosophy of Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > Philosophers