Forsaken: Fall of Angels: Volume 2 Paperback – 23 Dec 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Keary Taylor lives on Orcas Island in Washington State with her husband and their two children. Learn more about Keary and her writing process at www.KearyTaylor.com
Top customer reviews
Forsaken picks up four months after events have happened in Branded, alex and jessica lifes have changed and they are both now living with the consequences of alex's actions. I will not divulge to much as the story line is quite a simple one and i would not like to spoil it for other reads.
What i will say is that i prefered Jessica's charactor in the first noval. She has become a little bit to whiney for me and her mood swings started to irritate me.
What was a welcomed addition to this book however was the introduction of Alex's point of view, which i found to be more interesting than Jessica's.
I am sure there will be another book as the story line doesn't seem quite finished to me and if it is priced as cheaply as the previous two books then i will definitely download the next one.
All in all it wasn't a bad read.
That's what I wanted to yell at Jessica, the female `lead` in the Fall of Angels books, before I was even halfway through this second tale! She spends 90% of the book behaving like an annoying, whingeing brat and the other 10% being a whingeing, annoying brat. The girl's moods swings are mercurial!
Seriously though, I loved the premise of this series which is why I downloaded book two but it just reinforced that the writing style really isn't for me. I had hoped it might grow on me as I`d initially struggled with it in Branded as well but, if anything, it actually got more difficult to tolerate as time went on. I found it to be very stilted, almost how you might expect a child to write a story. Nothing about it pulled me in. I didn't sympathise nor did I empathise with the characters. In truth I couldn't have cared less what happened to them in the end! Whilst I hesitate to say Forsaken is badly written because that seems overly harsh I do think it's honest.
There were little things that niggled at me too, for example, the author's attempt at writing a Scottish accent. Horrible. Really horrible. And as a UK reader, I personally found it a little insulting that the author failed to do the basic research for when her characters came to England. So for future reference, we don't have High Schools and we don't pay for the NHS!
Perhaps this story might be improved by some decent editing - sort out the spelling mistakes and generally tighten up the whole thing but I doubt it. My advice would be to download a sample before buying just so you don't waste your money as sadly, I feel I did.
Overall, well worth the reasonable price.
Thumbs up to the author because she has done a brilliant job! This book would be great for 12-30 years.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews