- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Formatt Hitech 4x4 inch 16 Stops Firecrest IRND Neutral Density 4.8 Filter
|Price:||£99.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Firecrest IRND reduces light by 16 stops
- Neutral across all spectrums, including UV, visible, and infrared
- 2mm thick Schott Superwite glass
- Firecrest IRND coating is anti-reflective, extremely flare resistant, hydrophobic and scratch-resistant
- Fits the Formatt-Hitech 100mm holder
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
Formatt-Hitech 100x150mm Firecrest Soft Edge Grad Neutral Density 0.9 Filter
Formatt Hitech 100mm Neutral Density 3 Filter Kit
Lee Filters Big Stopper Glass Filter Neutral-Density
Formatt Hitech 100x100mm 4x4 inch Neutral Density 3.0 Filter
Zomei® Ultra Slim HD 18 Layer Super Multi-Coated SCHOTT Glass PRO Density Neutral Gray ND1000 Lens Filter - 100mm x 100mm Square Z-PRO Series Filter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||TEAMWORK DIGITAL LTD||Amazon.co.uk||jooice|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 10 x 0.3 cm||19 x 14.5 x 2 cm||2.54 x 2.54 x 2.54 cm||1.9 x 12.7 x 12.7 cm||2.54 x 2.54 x 2.54 cm||—|
|Size||100x100mm (4"x4")||100x150mm (4"x6")||—||100x100mm||—||—|
Size Name: 100x100mm (4"x4") | Style Name: 4.8 (16 Stops)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
This Firecrest IRND filter reduces the light by 16 stops. This 100x100mm filter is 2mm thick and fits the Formatt-Hitech 100mm aluminum holder. It is also hydrophobic and scratch-resistant. Firecrest IRND filters for photography are made from Schott Superwite glass and feature the Firecrest IRND 15 layer multicoating on the outside of the filter.
4x5.65" Firecrest IRND Neutral Density 4.8 (16 Stops)
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I found it didn't make a light tight seal at the top and bottom - it had about a 3mm gap between the gasket and the holder.
But worse you could see the gasket when using my 10-22mm lens (crop sensor) and i am using the Lee wide angle adapter ring
I managed to very slowly peel the gasket off the filter without leaving any residue.
While peeling it off i found the gasket although square is stretchy in one direction but not the other, i stuck it back on stretching it so that it is tight against the top and bottom but left a gap at the edges so it slides in the holder - no light leakage this time and no vignetting!
I am not sure if its because i am using the Lee holder that it didn't seal to start with?
The filter itself is very neutral, i went for a 8 stop version because together with a polariser it is approximately 10 stops.
I was surprised to find that in anything other than very low light levels live view on my camera (Canon 550D) will show the image just fine and focus and meter correctly, even though the viewfinder is completely black!
One last thing, the box that the filter comes in is huge, it took up far too much room in my bag so bought a Lee tin for it.
I plan on buying more of these, perhaps a 3 or 4 stop and the 13.
1. Place the Firecrest on a sheet of white paper and draw around the outside with a pencil, so you have an outline.
2. Remove the Firecrest and place the foam gasket (sticky side up) in the centre of the outline.
3. Holding the Firecrest in the centre on opposite sides (not the corners, otherwise you can't see properly for this step!), slowly lower it down, lining it up with the outline on the paper until it sits on the gasket.
4. Turn the Firecrest over, so the gasket is facing upwards and ensure it's firmly stuck down all around. Job done!
It is a very tight fit in my Lee filter holder - much tighter than my Formatt Prostop IRND - I'm hoping it eases up once used a few times. Now to get outside and try it out :)
Most recent customer reviews
Used with the new firecrest 100mm filter holder there is no need to worry about fitting the supplied gasket.Read more