Customer reviews

TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 August 2010
I enjoyed the book but like the other reviewer lost a bit of interest because it was very focused on other people and mainly political ones or the BBC management.I think he was treated badly by the BBC bosses. I did find out things I did not know beforehand but would like to have learnt more of the man. Nice pictures.
on 16 July 2006
I was a little disappointed by this book. There were some interesting stories and some memories were rekindled of listening to his show on Radio 2 but I was always hoping for something exciting as I turned the page and it failed to materialise. By two thirds of the way through the book I had started to lose interest and to be honest struggled to last through the end. Jimmy Young comes across as a really nice man but what comes through in the stories he tells is his public rather than his private personal. I respect the wish to keep his personal life private but it is doesn't make for a scintillating read.
on 19 June 2013
This was a great buy. It was good value for money and I would recommend for anyone who uses audiobooks
on 11 January 2014
Not read it all yet so cannot really comment on this. But I know my husband has been after this for absolutely ages, so I brought it for him for one of his Christmas Presents, I hope he also likes it. Very interesting biography. What an underestimated chap he is, we were sorry to hear he was leaving his radio show, we looked forward to hearing it.
on 28 June 2016
Interesting read some facts I never new, which was interesing to find out about. If you liked JY on the radio you'll like the book.
on 10 July 2014