Forensic Entomology: The Utility of Arthropods in Legal Investigations Hardcover – 28 Sep 2000
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"extraordinarily useful for law enforcement personnel, medical examiners, and coroners, and for trial testimony and deposition." William F. Hamilton, M.D., Medical Examiner, District 8, State of Florida "forensic entomology in criminal investigations, there is much of interest for the more general reader, whether entomologist, pathologist or general physician. well organized and producedMoreover, it is, given CRC's reputation for expensive books, surprisingly good value for money." -Annals of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, Vol. 95, No. 6, 637-640 (2001)
Top Customer Reviews
Brilliant! Being a second year forensics student just doing my research project, this book is like a bible to me.
It could not have been more help. Probably not for the faint hearted reader although i'm not too sure why someone with no interest in this subject would even want to pick the book up.
It is a beautifully detailed, and descriptive manual almost that talks through every aspect a forensic entomologist will come across with reference to sampling and collecting, rearing and preserving in particular. There are some colour pictures of some arthropods in their different developmental stages, and although there are not hundreds it is enough for your common species.
This book never leaves my side and like i said is like a bible to me. Defiently worth the money!
howeve it is not the "one stop shop" that other reveiws lead you to believe, while it will helpyou pass a module in foresic entomology, it will be the start of a libary if you want to take tyhe subject further, particulary if you are coming from a forensics back ground rather than an entomological back ground
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Forensics
- Books > History > Archaeology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Insects
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Law & Disorder > Forensic Science