Forbidding Wrong in Islam: An Introduction (Themes in Islamic History) Paperback – 26 Jun 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The author's approach is historical but not chronological, and he moves backwards and forwards in time with an erudition which is outstanding ... I can heartily recommend it.' History Today
'One of the virtues of Michael Cook is his skill in taking the discourse beyond the terrain of dry academic preoccupations and anchor the discussion in how our outlook on this perspective of law affects our whole view of morality and society. An excellent abridgment offering a comprehensive and accessible overview of the subject. Cambridge University Press is to be congratulated on this, their third in the series Themes in Islamic History.' The Queensland Lawyer
'It is no doubt the best (and probably the only serious) work on forbidding wrong …'. The Muslim World Book Review
'… every modern student of Islamic law should study this work seriously.' Afzal Sumar, Journal of Shi'a Islamic Studies
This book represents an abridgement of Michael Cook's magisterial study that reflected upon the Islamic injunction to forbid wrongdoing. Using stories from Islamic sources for his argument, Cook unravels the complexities of the subject. The book educates and entertains, but at its heart is an important message about Islam and its values.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Academic History
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > Middle East
- Books > History > Religious History > Islam
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences