Customer reviews

on 16 February 2015
Ceri's realises her true identity but is saddened. It threatens her future with Alex, who she accepts is not the same as her, although he does possess special qualities and is important to her future. Ceri and Alex respond in a totally human way to their situation and the reader is right there with them. hoping they can beat the odds.

Ceri's new found knowledge makes her gifts more understandable as she begins to fulfil her destiny. There are some wonderfully poignant passages in this story.

Fate intervenes and reveals Alex's secret. Dramatic irony means the readers know what it is but Ceri doesn't.

This story has another crescendo ending making me pick up 'Forever' the last in the series straight away. I have to know what happens.

I received a copy of this book from Harper Impulse via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
on 20 November 2013
Firstly I'd like to thank the author for sending me this ARC to read and give an honest review. After reading and thoroughly enjoying Falling (Angels Among Us #1) (review on my blog) I couldn't wait to read the second instalment of this trilogy!

Forbidden picked up where Falling left off, I was pleased to get an explanation for the events at the end of the previous book and to also discover the reason for Ceri's ability to see angels.

Ceri had a whole new awareness this time round, she saw the world in a very different light and she knew what she had to do - I was fascinated by her ethereal life. A telephone call with her brother Seb really got my heart pounding as I certainly wasn't expecting the exciting revelation that came from it.

Alex's point of view raised some interesting and unexpected issues, I was keen to see what kind of effect it would have on his relationship with Ceri - I hoped it wouldn't be bad though. When he took Ceri on a romantic trip to France I was hooked on the wonderful descriptions of the places they visited - as always with this author, the writing made me feel as though I was experiencing it all too!

Once again I got chills whenever Ceri saw an angel or received a message, one of my favourite moments was when a message came through for a man called Pete - it was very touching and something that stayed in my mind after I had finished reading.

I loved how the spiritual side of the storyline was effortlessly woven in with the romantic side, the two combined beautifully to create an almost calming atmosphere. The book gave me lots to contemplate (destiny, energies, reincarnation etc) but also included some good old-fashioned secrets and lies to satisfy my dramatic side. This was where the final scene came in and I have to say it was fantastic - it had such a nail-biting cliffhanger that left me itching to find out where it will lead!

This book was spiritual, romantic and exciting, another superb read from Linn B. Halton!
on 14 November 2013
Forbidden is the second in a three part series of paranormal romance novellas by Linn B Halton. When I read the first instalment, Falling, I was transfixed and it completely changed the way I thought.

Ceri has always seen angels, they've always visited her in times of crisis and often brought important messages that have the ability to help others and sometimes save lives but not everyone understands her and after feeling different all throughout her life she learns the reason why.

She finds love with someone who does understand her and feels a deep rooted connection, but this comes with a stark warning that they must not have a relationship, and she soon finds out the shocking reason why which shakes the whole foundation her world.

In Forbidden, Ceri and Alex try to further their relationship and block out the warning, hoping that they can change their own destiny but as Ceri has experiences that bring these words home to her she has to think seriously. Especially when Alex meets an old flame with whom he shared a huge, life-changing event, and hides it from her, the only problem being that Ceri senses that there's something seriously wrong.

I loved watching the relationship between Ceri and Alex progress, but am filled with trepidation as to exactly what their destiny is! I was also pleased to see Ceri's brother, Seb back in her life after the traumatic loss in his life in the last book, I really liked his character.

These books are so beautifully written and totally un-put-downable it makes for really addictive reading and I look forward to reading how the trilogy concludes early next year.
on 23 January 2014
Another amazing well written book by Linn you really feel as if your there in the story. Just cant wait for the next one thank you Linn.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 April 2014
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley from the publishers in return for a honest review.

Ceri is an angel, sent back to earth to help those who need it, whether they know it or not. Her power manifests itself in a physic ability, she can see spirits and pass on messages from them to loved ones. At the beginning of the book we see her taken back to the universal plane, where her mentors are questioning her relationship with Alex, her boyfriend. On her return she notices that her powers are slightly different and that she is also now aware of auras. As the story progresses we see Ceri become more familiar and comfortable with her powers and to accept that she is in love with Alex and that she wants to embrace that relationship.

This is the second book in a trilogy of novellas and I had not read the first in the series before reading this book. Due to this I felt that I was lacking some background information and investment in the characters so I would recommend that you read the novellas in order.

This is not just about romantic love, but also about how the love between people, or animals, doesn't just end when someone dies. The author had clearly done a lot of research whilst writing the book and this showed in the story and whilst I may not necessarily believe in spiritualism and the religious connotations it was interesting to learn more about it. It is a very spiritually focused book so if you are interested in this field, then this book may be for you.
on 30 November 2013
A fantastic second part to this series that ends on another cliffhanger! I love Ceri and Alex and their evolving relationship. Linn B Halton has a beautiful writing style that draws you in and doesn't let go. Whatever you believe about angels, even if you don't believe anything at all, the story and the writing will pull you along from the very beginning. A heart-tugging relatable story wrapped with supernatural mystery.

I can't wait for the final part!
on 16 February 2014
Now Angels are SO not my area of interest, BUT Linn has come up with a trilogy of novellas and tales well enough written and gripping enough for me, elderly bloke, to keep buying each volume.

There are enough reviews and synopses already, so I'll refrain from detailing the plot and characters, apart from saying that I did, really, enjoy the reads.

This review is common to all three novellas. Well done, Linn.
on 1 December 2013
I loved it. I thought it was much better than Fallng. You can really tell the author has grown and so has the story.

Ceri has changed a lot since the first book. She has a better understanding of what is going on, of who she really is.

I trust Mark a lot more now. I don't think he is going to take advantage, I think he has really helped Ceri. the group sessions were an excellent way for her to complete the mission she was born to do.

Alex clearly loves her. He is very sweet. He would do absolutely anything for Ceri. I hope that they stay together and thing's do not go terribly wrong as the dreams have warned him.

I truly loved the scene at Versailles, it was so sweet. It sounds like a very pretty place. I hope I get to visit it one day.

Linn has left this book with another cliffhanger ending. Damn you Linn!

Only 2 months and 4 days til Forever is published. Not that I am counting. Obviously.
on 26 November 2013
This is the second part in Linn's Angels Among Us series. In this part, Ceri and Alex are faced with a decision that will determine their future relationship.
I adore the way Linn portrays Ceri's character. She is such a headstrong, confident woman. I finished the book in one go. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop until I reached the end.
This book is an explosion of emotions (happy and sad) that completely glues the reader to the pages. I loved the different points of views that were used to tell the story (Ceri and Alex). It feels very intimate this way.
Linn brilliantly deals with quite a tricky and sensitive subject matter that Alex has come across in the past, but which still hunts him now. Is Alex really the person he makes out to be?
on 9 December 2013
I first met Ceri and Alex in Falling - Angels Amongst Us and found I really liked both characters in this book.

I couldn't wait to read this book and I can say I wasn't let down, Linn really did take these character forward. Ceri finding out that her destiny is mapped out for her, how long did they have together and could they be truly happy, there are a couple of plot twists I didn't expect.

I liked that other characters from the first book that were back, Ceri's best friend Sheena and her brother Seb. There are new characters that I feel will play a major part of the follow up books. Can't wait for book 3 as again Linn left us wondering what will happen to Ceri and Alex.