- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Forbidden Zone (Arrow Video) Limited Edition [Blu-ray] 
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Step into The Forbidden Zone, a bizarro world of frog butlers, topless princesses, machine-gun toting teachers, eccentric dwarves, their demonic wives, and the Devil himself (Danny Elfman). You ve never seen anything like it...!
Check your basement. Is there door to the 6th Dimension there? If so, you re going on a wild ride into excess as you join Frenchy and Rene in a land of musical madness, despotic queens and strange frog man-servants.
If you ve tired of Rocky Horror and had enough of Hedwig, it s time discover The Forbidden Zone, a demented tribute to the hot jazz and dark glamour of a lost age, featuring new wave pop music and Cab Calloway-style insanity, filtered through the mind of a maniac!
THIS EDITION CONTAINS:
- Reversible sleeve with 3 original poster artworks and newly commissioned artwork cover
- Double-sided fold-out artwork poster
- Collector s booklet featuring writing on the film by director Richard Elfman and critic David Hayles illustrated with stills from the private collection of Richard and Danny Elfman
- Brand new High Definition restoration of the Black and White and Colour versions of the film approved by Richard Elfman
- Optional 5.1 & 1.0 DTS-HD Master Audio / LPCM Uncompressed 2.0 Audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles
- Audio commentary with director Richard Elfman and writer-actor Matthew Bright
- A Look into Forbidden Zone extensive behind the scenes documentary featuring interviews and archive footage, including scenes from Elfman s lost film The Hercules Family
- Two complete scenes from The Hercules Family
- Japan Promo
- Deleted Scenes
- Oingo Boingo Music Video Private Life
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Oingo Boingo were a surrealist theatrical avant-garde 30's jazz-blues revivalists. The film was produced, directed and co-written by their then-leader Richard Elfman (brother of soon to be famous film music composer and also key member of the band who also scored and appeared in the film) Danny Elfman. Starring Herve Villechaise as the King of the 6th Dimension and Susan Tyrell as his wife (who had been until not that long since his actual wife), Richard Elfman's newly acquired French wife dancer Francine-Pascal as Frenchy, and most of the members of the band. Sets are made from paper and cardboard and make no attempt to hide it. The loose plot concerns the King wanting the Frenchy to be his new Queen and his old one trying to stop it but that's often just an excuse for musical numbers as this is really a musical (sort of). There is some miming to old songs but most of it is new albeit in old styles.
Most people will probably run away screaming after a few minutes (if they last that long) but give it a chance and you could well warm to this bizarre theatrical piece of musical-comedy surrealism. If you can accept the weirdness of its world it really is actually quite charming.
There's an excellent making of in which Richard Elfman interviews key members of the film including his brother, his ex-wife, and Susan Tyrell who says something so hilarious and so outrageous your jaw will bounce off the floor.
Really, you've got to see it to believe it.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews