Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 February 2013
I love the Tom Wright commentary series and use them a great deal. I hoped that this study guide would help my bible study group tackle Revelation - a difficult book to understand.
Each chapter of the book is given its own set of questions and we are working through them week by week. However it does feel a little odd in the way the questions are structured. Some are terribly simple comprehension style questions, which seem too easy and then the next question will be tough theology which requires extra information that isn't in the text. The best bits are the practical application questions and the opportunities for reflection and prayer at the end of each session.
I think next time I'll recommend to my bible study group that they buy the actual commentary and then we can make up our own questions.
on 19 May 2013
As always with Tom Wright, the book keeps the reader/learner focussed. However, it was not the book I thought it was. I picked a book from the wrong series! The one I wanted was "Revelation for Everyone."
on 19 September 2013
I wanted to understand better the Book of Revelation better and this was a perfect companion volume to the author's book, Revelation for Everyone
VINE VOICEon 11 September 2015
Another well written study guide from Bishop Tom. Who has do so much to make the Bible accessable.
Great and clear type face.
Good.
on 16 July 2013
Good guide through one of the most difficult books of the bible. Felt it could do with being a bit deeper. Definitely good for group work.
on 11 May 2016
Great little study guide. The questions go deep enough to get some good discussion going but not so deep they are above everyone's head. Good companion to 'Revelation for Everyone.'
on 24 May 2016
Very helpful, written in language that is easily understood and works well with the Revelation commentary by Tom Wright. Using it for group study and discussion.
on 21 January 2013
This will be our next study course. We find all of Tom Wright's guides so stretching and so well written and this is going to be the same.
on 25 July 2015
I have really enjoys reading this. Tom Wright's explanations are so helpful to understand a difficult book to read.
on 7 March 2015
Not the easiest of books to follow. You need dedication