on 11 June 2016
These cat boots are the comfiest work boots that I have had. Compared to the cheap ones that my company provides me with, these are in a different league. They fit my size 9 feet really well, seem well made and good quality. However, if the floor is wet, the grips are not very good. I slip all of the time in work and it is a bit of a pain to have to be wary of wet floors constantly. The grips really let these boots down. I was going to knock 2, maybe even 3 stars off of the rating because of the grips, but because they are so comfy and well made I have kept it at 4 stars. I would say 5 stars for comfort and 1 star for grip, as in the dry the grips are really good, but in the wet they're slippy and if there is oil around you're going to break your neck. I don't know why caterpillar made great safety shoes then stuck soles on the bottom that can't grip on wet floors. Caterpillar have Homer Simpson working for them and he's designing the grips. D'oh. Probably wouldn't buy these again as the shop floor I work on is always wet and these are not up to it. However, if the soles were sorted, they may be the best shoes out there. Shame.
3 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2017
These are some of the most comfortable work boots i have had and i'm currently on my second pair, If looked after they last a long time, Would definitely buy again,

Though as many people have stated before, it is recommend the get a size lower as they are over-sized
One person found this helpful
on 26 March 2015
Had these when I did postman for a while and they were excellent as even after a lot of miles the weardown on the heel was slight compared to all others that i have had..Pleased with the price I got them for on Amazon.One of my heels tends to lean so these are really good .Yes I paid more but these are brill.Ialso run in them and do quite a bit of track walking etc.I,m really pleased I found these on Amazon, as I thought they were only supplied to big organisations.
on 29 May 2016
These are my 4th pair they are so good. The others were supplied by my work. They are comfortable so i just had to get a pair for myself, i use them for general use and some hiking into and across town, one doesn't even notice they have a steel toe cap and they are non slip. They look great.
on 15 April 2014
I wonder now how i put up with wearing cheap company issue these last 30 years. The best £55 I've ever spent. Normally after a 13 hour day my feet are complaining. ..it got worse as the 5 day week progressed. No more of that nonsense. I couldn't recommend these anymore than I am now. I'm a narrow size 8. If you got feet like boats be prepared to send them back for a bigger size. I love them.
on 27 February 2018
BROUGHT back in June 2017 ,in January 2018 they have split between the soul and the uppers ,I hope this is a one of as I have had 2 pairs of these in the past and they have lasted a lot longer.
on 23 December 2015
Excellent protection with steel toe caps and made from very high quality durable materials. Also very comfortable, have worn them for 12 hours a day with no problems at all. Great price as well
on 13 March 2015
I bought these in Oct 2014. they were worn at work every day until Feb 2014 when they fell apart. The conditions they were exposed to were very extreme so I think they survived really well. They were very comfortable to wear
on 13 June 2015
Not much heavier than normal trainers with the safety of a work shoe. Used to be recommended by RMG apparently going private has introduced cost cutting measures. My local Postie cannot get them anymore!
on 3 June 2009
These are very (I mean VERY) sturdy and good quality boots. Much better than the generic ones. Slightly lighter and ofcourse much comfortable and better looking. Though they do tend to retain some wierd smelliness even if you keep your feet clean and change socks everytime. They still emanate some sort of wierd smell. Anyways, overall good value and a happy 4 star for them :)
2 people found this helpful