- Also check our best rated Pc Game reviews
Football Manager 2007 (PC CD)
|Price:||£5.98 FREE UK delivery.|
- Feeder Clubs - Brand new to Football Manager 2007, and one of the most requested features on Sports Interactive's forums has been the addition of feeder clubs to the game.
- Youth Revamp - A complete revamp of youth teams sees full youth squads for each team that has a youth set-up, thus giving a much better system for the regeneration of players in the long term game.
- User Friendly Football Manager 2007 gives players a new easier to use default skin, along with hints and tips throughout the game, and an improved tutorial.
- Scouting Revamp - A complete revamp of the scouting system inside the game leads to more information about players and teams being made available to managers, as well as a more realistic methodology for player scouting.
- Player Interaction - You can now talk to any player in the world via the media. Player interaction allows you to tap up other teams stars or see if players will buckle under the pressure.
- Team Talks - For more varied ways to talk to your team, SI have worked hard to deliver vastly improved team talks at half and full time.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Windows XP
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
In a nutshell:
Ron Managers of the world rejoice the best football management game in the world just got better. From the original creators of Championship Manager comes the most in-depth and realistic strategy simulation ever seen.
Having already got the balance between complexity and accessibility pretty much spot on, most of the improvements in this latest sequel are designed to make the game feel more organic and believable. A lot of it is simple stuff like being able to conduct team talks and see how players are responding to your dressing room dress downs, but it really makes a difference. Its also possible for major clubs to sign up smaller ones as feeder clubs, while players themselves have a greater level of personality and new signings can be asked to recommend other players. None of the new changes have a massive impact on the way you play the game, but they all serve to create an even more immersive reality.
Most exciting moment:
The scouting engine has also received a major revamp and makes searching for new stars a lot easier. The scouts you send out can now learn from their experiences and a new scout report card makes it easier to get a quick overview while you do your superstar shopping.
Since you ask:
This version of the game still doesnt have anything approaching moving graphics and its unlikely thats ever going to change. The interface has been greatly improved though so that its not only easier to use but also faster and smoother.
The bottom line:
The best football management game ever made.-HARRISON DENT
We were sucked into this one and ended up playing for several hours straight through -- ComputeractiveSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Feeder clubs, a new addition to the game, work well, and prove helpful, wether signing people on loan, or having a first option on an affiliated clubs players.
All in all, I would say that this is a brilliant game, and is well worth buying. I know I will...
It's many years on now. I have grown up, left home, got a degree, got married, got kids, and a mortgage, but one thing has been constant through all of that. One thing has been with me: this (insert expletive of choice here) game. I wish I could give it up and have tried, but I can't.
There is hope, I have heard stories of people who have successfully unhooked themselves from the Football Manager universe, but so far I have been unsuccessful. This is how bad it is: I applied for a job recently based on my success at this game. The interview was (unsurprisingly) unsuccesful.
Please Sega, please Sports Interactive just stop making these games. Think of the children; think of the wives; have some compassion. I used to have friends, I could've been someone. Look at me: I can't distinguish between football reality and Football Manager. I get confused when watching Match of the Day thinking, "He doesn't play for West Ham, he plays for Brighton..."
But I don't mind. I am actually not sure what I would do if this game didn't exist. I'd probably be a millionaire, but hey, who cares. It's great.
Also the tactics now have a more visable effect on the games, it is now possible to turn games around by changing formation and unlike previous versions it is possible to play conservatively without getting punished. So it is possible to go on a good run of form, in previous versions 4-0 wins could often be followed by 'surprise' defeats to smaller teams.
However there are some major bugs in the game, including the deadly 'tactic reset' bug from both FM05 and FM06. This is where your defender's instructions are reset after a change of tactics and they end up conceding goals because the game has made them man mark opposition defenders or form the wall instead of man marking opposing strikers like you asked, you might end up throwing your monitor out the window with frustration if this cost you a game! So I would wait for the patch before starting a career game.
Most recent customer reviews
The CM 01/02 of the Football Manager era.