Food Wars: The Global Battle for Mouths, Minds and Markets: The Battle for Mouths, Minds and Markets Paperback – 1 Aug 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Food Wars is a heartening book which calls for a radical change in the way the world feeds itself. It offers a blueprint for a future where nobody goes to bed hungry.' - Derek Cooper, founder presenter of the BBC's Food Programme
'An important book that should be read by everyone who cares about how the way food is produced affects our own health as well as that of the environment and our national economies.' - Marion Nestle, author of Food Politics, and Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health, New York University
About the Author
Tim Lang is Professor of Food Policy, City University, London. He is co-editor (with Erik Millstone) of The Atlas of Food (Earthscan, 2003) and co-author (with Yiannis Gabriel) of The Unmanageable Consumer (Sage, 1995) Michael Heasman is a writer and researcher on food and health, and Visiting Research Fellow, City University, London. He is co-author (with Julian Mellentin) of The Functional Foods Revolution (Earthscan, 2001) and co-author (with Ben Fine and Judith Wright) of Consumption in the Age of Affluence (Routledge, 1996)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > International
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Low Fat
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Agricultural Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Food Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography > Economic Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues