Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Food Politics: What Everyone Needs to Know? Kindle Edition
Top Customer Reviews
In terms of scope, the book is far too parochial with Paarlberg making no reference to fish, either in terms of global dietary significance, declining global fish stocks or the rise in fish farms and other nascent aquaculture food systems.
In addition, Paarlberg also neglects to include any notable information on water, either in terms agricultural usage or how water scarcity is becoming a significant regional/national/geopolitical issue and how water resources impact upon on food production. Food and water are clearly not mutually exclusive, and as such, research into one must surely acknowledge the significance of the other.
On Genetically Modified Organisms, Paarlberg asserts that European opposition to GMO technology is `disliked' on account that `most were developed by a U.S. multinational' (p168). The view that European opposition to GMOs is grounded in nothing more than corporate nationalism is at best contentious and at worst, erroneous.
Crops targeted by GM corporations for transgenic modification are the foods by which a significant portion of the global population lives by (rice, wheat, barley etc). These food crops are known as monocotyledons and are organisms which rely on the wind for pollination.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics > Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > International
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Agricultural Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Food Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Finance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Industries & Professions
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences