Size: 4 UK|Colour: Dark Brown|Change

on 30 January 2015
I wasn't too sure about these when they arrived but walked around in them for a bit indoors and realised how comfortable and warm they are.

As other reviewers have said, they are on the narrow side but are leather so will mould to the shape of your foot eventually. I personally think that it's quite nice to have a pair of winter boots that I don't have to wear extra thick socks with just to keep them on my feet. I'm a size 6 and they fit beautifully with a nice amount of wriggle room for my toes. The chunky heal is a good inch and a half with a nice shape that makes me feel taller and more elegant.

I've worn them constantly for 3 days now with no rubbing or pinching of any kind. I only have 2 concerns:

1. The amount of scuff marks that have appeared around the toe area, but this is due to the type of leather used and, to tell the truth, they add to the look of the boot quite nicely.

2. The hard plastic used for the heal has proven to be a bit slippery in wet weather, so I will be replacing it with a standard rubber heal. However the sole area has excellent grip.

Look good with thick tights and skirts/dresses of any length as well as leggings and skinnies. Only wish they weren't so expensive, but the quality is outstanding so you get what you pay for.
on 14 September 2013
I have lusted after these for a long time and finally took the plunge and got them.....they are so so beautiful! they are understated but manage to look amazing in the typical fly attention to detail: like the different textures at the back of the boot, the wondrous buckle and the pleating at the top of the boot so that when you're wearing them and you look down they have this beautiful shape. I got them in green and they have a darker green almost black at the toe so they look a bit aged or distressed. The pattern and colour of the lining is also gorgeous and even the soles are pretty.

Even better was the price I paid for these lovelies a generous discount code took a significant amount off the usual price couldn't be happier with them - just have to work on my guilt because I wouldn't normally be this indulgent. I'll never part with them but can imagine that sooner or later they will need a fly friend.
on 7 December 2014
I love these boots. I have them in red & now this fab petrol colour. They are stylish & SO comfortable, that if I could, I'd get them in all the colours they make them in. They walked me round the West End first day of wearing them & my feet did not complain.
Like most of Fly London's designs, they are a bit different & I love the mix of suede & leather, plus the 2 tone colours. This petrol colour is a teal & it's fabulous!
However, Fly London are very strange with their sizing. I am usually a UK size 7-8 (a 41-42). However, I initially ordered a pair of what was being sold as UK size 8s. However, looking at them when they arrived (they have the size stamped on the inside of the ankle), they were a 41 & I couldn't get my foot into them. So I checked their sizing & Fly London believe a 42 is a UK size 9. It's not. Therefore I ordered a UK9 & received a 42 & it fits perfectly. It also measures exactly the same as another pair of boots that I have which are a UK size 8. Irritating & it cost me money in ordering & returning boots.
So be warned, check the sizing as Fly London size oddly!
on 15 January 2015
I have had my eye on the purple boots in the FLY range for a year now and this design was reduced after Christmas into my price range. Having had the flat or wedge style boots these are quite a change! The heel is a bit noisy but has good grip. The fit is my usual size, slightly narrower.. The only thing I would point out is that the ruffle of the front (over your foot) can take some wearing in. You will feel it the first few times you wear them, but it does break down. The beauty of the distressed leather is that you don't notice the scuffs that come from everyday wear. I am really enjoying them!
on 17 June 2015
Slightly too big. Due to the boots being a narrow fit, you don't notice all the space at the front the toe which makes them look long. I wanted to wear with leggings etc but I look like a letter "L". I did try a size 4 but they were so narrow I could hardly get my foot inside. Nice quality though as usual from Fly
on 1 December 2015
Totally love these shoes, got the right slouchy feel to them. Was worried the heels would be clompy but they're not. In terms of fit; length is good but quite narrow mid shoe to toe while the heel is quite baggy, probably the difference in materials.
on 3 November 2014
I bought these in petrol for my sister last Christmas and she absolutely loved them, so got her the purple ones for her birthday. She is a size 6 and these fit perfectly and are very comfortable. She's had the original pair re soled and heeled and they are good as new and almost 12 months old now with heavy wear. Treat yourself. You deserve it!
on 18 January 2016
The first pair in this color had to go back because size 4 was too big. I was sent a replacement in size 3 and they fit perfectly. I am wearing them around the house to get used to them, and they are really comfortable and warm. So on the spur of the moment as they are in the sale I sent off for a red pair also. They are so beautiful I could not resist them.
I am glad I could get a size 3 because that is my true size, unlike other makes that in that size you cannot even stick your big toe in.
I love my boots
on 15 November 2013
I love my Fly purple Mel boots. They are very comfortable and look great with a knee length skirt and thick tights. I can wear them with my skinny jeans which fit over the top of the boot too. It wasn't easy to tuck the hem of the jeans in - lookoed a bit clumsy but you could wear the jeans rolled up a bit too and they would look ok. I think they are going to scuff easily though but I just love them.
on 23 November 2016
I read alot of reviews saying they were too small or too big, but to me these are a perfect size. I am a 7 in everything, and these were no different. Great boots. Look stylish and are very comfortable. I have been wearing Fly for years and will continue doing so :)