- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 2 edition (1 Nov. 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0340663138
- ISBN-13: 978-0340663134
- Product Dimensions: 23.1 x 2.5 x 15.5 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 355,080 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Fluvial Forms and Processes: A New Perspective (Hodder Arnold Publication) Paperback – 1 Nov 1998
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
...an excellent job of bringing together important and illustrative works from the literature... The text is clearly written, well organised and easy to follow throughout... I would recommend it as a very good book.
Journal of Geological Education
The text is well organised and very readable, with smooth transitions between topics, a difficult task when trying to be both concise and comprehensive.
Extremely readable and therefore most suitable as a student textbook... The author provides a summary that is a credit to his ability to assimilate and synthesize, indeed a credit to his authorship... I can thoroughly recommend this book to serious practitioners and students of fluvial geomorphology. It is a very perceptive and well written book
Any department teaching or supervising postgraduate courses or research in fluvial geomorphology would be wise to ensure that a copy of this book is in the library, and preferably on the book shelf of the lecturer concerned.
The South African Geographical Journal
This is a welcome and sorely needed update of David Knighton's popular text. There are many new or clarified illustrations, including photographs. The new typesetting is a distinct improvement...the index is more readable and slightly fuller..In all, the book is clearly a significant contribution to teaching textbooks...that should inspire many new students.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Palaeontology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Rivers & Lakes
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference