Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
Florence Map – 1 Jun 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This easy-to-fold laminated city map of Florence features large-scale street plans, including a map of the greater city area, as well as a public transport map. There are grid references for points of interest, theatres and hotels. Routes can be marked and erased on the easy-to-clean surface. Places covered include: Fiesole, Firenze Centre, Firenze and regione, Pisa, Sta. Maria del Fiore and Toscana. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. I get a terrific overview of the town and general area I am visiting. The map gives you several views of the town - from high level overview to great detail of the town center. On the detail maps, important sights and locations are highlighted with a numbered box which refers to a legend on the side with a description of what's there. The overview that you get from this map is worth the price of the map alone.
2. Being laminated and made out of stiff material - this map is bullet proof. Even so - it folds down to a minimum of 9.5" by 4.25" width and fits quite easily into my messenger bag. Rain will not damage it at all.
3. Again due to its rugged construction, when walking around a typical downtown section of an old European city, you can fold the map to have just the relevant section showing - and not worry about damaging the map.
4. There is a list of streets with map coordinates to assist you in that manner.
5. Public transportation lines, and bus and train stations are noted on the map, along with tourist sights, churches, post offices, theaters and police stations.
As for map app's available today - I think Google maps on a smartphone is probably better for getting walking or public transportation directions. But for getting an overview of the town and to plan out a general game plan for the most efficient way to get around a city, these maps are - in my opinion - superior. And these maps work all the time. If you need directions from a local resident, the directions can be pointed out to you on the map with no language barrier.
If available, I always take a Borch map with me to the town I am visiting. Well worth the relatively low price. HIghest possible recommendation.