Customer reviews

Flip It: How to get the best out of everything
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 May 2017
I love this. Well written, positive, uplifting and very useful for anyone who wants to address negative thoughts or negative attitudes.

Well within the top 20% of self-help books that I've read.
on 13 February 2015
Clear, well written book that everyone should read. Really helps look at your world and understand what you want and work out a plan of how to get it.
on 5 April 2017
very inspirational
on 3 August 2015
Standard self-help book really.

I used to love these kinds of books, but now I just see them as a waste of time and money.

I'd recommend a book on Mindfulness over this.

It's just a bit cringe.
on 6 August 2017
Page 12 is hilarious- he preaches about paradigm shifts when he realised he was in a cinema and everybody else attending the screening was ethnic minority. "I did feel very aware, for the first time in my life, what it was really like to be a minority". Oh really? Well done Mr Heppell, give yourself a pat on the back and instruct others about this "paradigm shift". Some of his suggestions are frankly insulting: "Try spending some time in a wheelchair to see how differently people behave around you". You can't make this stuff up! I couldnt read on without laughing.
on 22 June 2012
This book is a great read and will benefit everyone that reads it. Its easy to read, perfectly explained and easy to follow instructions allow you to apply the techniques to improve your whole way of life. Michael Heppell has created a real gem of a read here.
on 15 December 2011
Flip It - a terrific book. A really accessible read packed with ideas and strategies that you can put into action straight away. Don't be deceived though. The simplicity doesn't mean the content is trivial. There's some really powerful things here that when implemented will have quite dramatic results. Respectful of your time, Michael Heppell has organised the book in such a way that you can pick it up time and again for a cracking jolt to the way you think about situations. I have no problem in recommending this book.
on 14 August 2011
I've been aware of Michel Heppell for a while and his growing reputation as one of the nations best motivational speakers. His is talent is well known internationally and being one of the 'top three' key note speakers in the world, my expectations for 'Flip It' were high. The book captivated me from cover to cover and exceeded everything I had anticipated. It's incredibly well written with a simple format that makes it easy to dip in and out of at will.
The content challenges common thought processes, flips them through 180 degrees and encourages the reader to view things from an entirely new persepctive. The genious is in the simplicity of the concept and the process is achievable irrespective of social standing, intellect or the readers level of natural optimism.
All areas of life are addressed and the 'Flip It' formula is applied to each. The reader is encouraged to find their own solutions using the techniques the author describes and the outcomes are amazing whatever you are looking to gain. If your agenda is to become a better husband, father or boss, to improve your health or just enjoy a more fullfilled and happy life, this book offers the direction and guidance to achieving those goals.
This is an absolute MUST READ book and left me feeling not just optimistic, but completely inspired.
VINE VOICEon 19 June 2010
Flip It is different. It's simple, down-to-earth, fun and far more motivating than most of its competition.

Rather than just listing adjectives, let me tell you about the differences it has made to my life. I've found that I'm more confident, energised and happy than I have been in a long time. I'm a natural introvert, but I've found that socialising has become easier and more pleasurable. On top of that, I feel more optimistic about the future than I can ever remember.

All of this in just 2 weeks.

Not all of the advice will suit everybody, but I recommend that you treat Flip It like a toolbox from which you choose the tools that work for you. Not all of the advice is totally original, and some of it may initially seem like nothing more than common sense. But the point is that when you put it into action, Flip It simply works! I've been keeping a blog since day 1 and reading it through today confirms the book's effectiveness.

Mercifully, the book is almost entirely devoid of spiritual or religious claptrap. Can you tell I'm a Richard Dawkins fan?! However, I'm sceptical about Michael's suggestion of asking a swinging chain a series of Yes/No questions in order to find lost possessions. I feel like I'm excessively nitpicking with that criticism. After all, there's just this one bit of advice that wasn't my cup of tea out of the dozens of brilliantly sparkling gems on offer.

I have the audio book version of Flip It, read by the author Michael Heppell himself. His enthusiasm and humour are infectious. I'd say it's definitely worth spending the few pence more for the audio book version. I have it on my phone so I can listen to it on the commute to work. Check compatibility with your devices before buying.

All I can say is try Flip It for yourself and hopefully your experience of it will be as positive as mine.
on 3 December 2012
I received this book by chance. It came as an extra book with five star service.

Flip it is a fantastic read on how to turn negative situations into positive ones.

Using the techniques in the book, I was able to turn an awful 3 hour commute into a great opportunity to listen to Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter!

I would recommend to anyone wrestling with negative thoughts on any situation. This book will arm you with the skills to turn this around.