- Audio Download
- Listening Length: 4 hours and 35 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.co.uk Release Date: 8 Jan. 2010
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0038335S0
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Flip It: How to Get the Best Out of Everything Audio Download – Unabridged
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I really enjoyed the way this book moves way beyond simple positive thinking ideas (as seen in many other books) and gives practical examples of things to actually do. I'm of the belief that if you want great things to happen then you have to take action to make them happen. Michael Heppell appears to agree. The challenge I've always had is the motivation and a simple way to make that happen... until now.
Flip It is split in to 10 main sections topped and tailed with an introduction and a quirky `end bit'. They are:
1 Finding Flip It. This gives a quick introduction to the concept, it's easy to grasp and apply with some quick results. I found myself using one idea immediately.
2) Flip It for confidence and happiness. I love the story here about ordering the same takeaway month after month (I'm guilty) and the example from the world of sport where a player keeps missing passes and how a sports coach fixed it.
2) Flip It for friends, family and love. This book was worth it alone for the `Friends Grid' idea. What a wake up call.
4) Flip IT for health. At last I thought a realistic guide to health. Eat Well, Think Well & Move Well makes sense to me. Not sure about the vinegar idea though too high risk for me.
5) Flip It for Money. This chapter takes a more serious approach to a serious subject. I found myself wincing at times at the descriptions of people who have money issues - too close to home perhaps?
6) Flip It for success. Again there are dozens of ideas here, some which strike a chord straight away and others which need a little more thinking (from the reader). Rock to Resolution seems almost too good to be true, is it?Read more ›
Strange as it may seem, women are able to build flat pack furniture on their own, contrary to suggestions in this book. Another chapter advises sorting through your friedships. Would anyone really chart their friends along the axes Heppel suggests?
I do think, however, that there are a few handy hints which anyone could utilise to promote a little more positivity in their life, for instance, looking at problems as challenges or using 'How can I succeed at this?' rather than 'I can't do it'. A bit of common sense really.
The overriding sense throughout, nonetheless, is one of easy money, Heppel regurgatating old themes for vulnerable and/or gullible people. Even his video reminds me of one of those evangelical 'religious' leaders with their own TV channels, dripping in gold. Beware.
The idea behind the book is simple enough too. Focus on the positive and choose the way you look at situations. Unfortunately, however, I felt a little disappointed, like a fast food meal that I wolfed down and then felt insufficiently nourished by. Positive thinking alone isn't enough to help me and I wanted something a little more substantial.
I am sure that the author is able to sustain his mood and buoy his spirits, but the lessons didn't come across as useful and usable to me, I am sorry to say. I am somewhat disappointed as I read one of his previous books and thought it rather good.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is brilliant. I love his writing style. Is so entertaining and if you actually implement the ideas, can change your lifePublished 20 days ago by Angel Alexi
An amazing book. Great to dip in and out of for people who have limited time to read and sit down to digest. Read morePublished 3 months ago by As_it_is
Most of the best changes I have made in work and life style choices came from this book !Published 5 months ago by Gareth Carter
I had high hopes for this as I want to try and change my thinking habits to be more positive. However I think the techniques here will only work if you are already a very... Read morePublished 6 months ago by BEATnic
Brilliant read to help guide you in life and give you a completely different outlook in life.Published 8 months ago by Louise Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help