- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 929 KB
- Print Length: 22 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Jennifer Gilby Roberts; 1 edition (29 Sept. 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00FIOQXTK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #362,415 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Flights of Nancy (Short Story) Kindle Edition
|Length: 22 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A wonderful summer read.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Naturally, I had high expectations for 'Flights of Nancy'. I was immediately drawn by the cover, it's very chic and girly, and I'm such a huge sucker for pretty covers.
The story is cute though pretty unrealistic, but I didn't mind that really. Nancy dreams of becoming a chef and having her own restaurant. When she was younger she was predicted (by a fortune teller) she's gonna meet Mr. Right on her very 24th birthday. So, the big day is here and somewhat strange (but cute) guy comes into her life with a very weird (but oh so cool) offer. He offers her a stay in a 5* hotel in Greece, and there's no catch - he just needs some company. Could he be her Mr. Right? Why is it then she doesn't feel the spark?
Ok, as I said, being offered a trip to Greece by a stranger and accepting does sound silly and unrealistic. But, I'm not gonna over analyze it because it's obvious that this is humor and main intention is to entertain and make you laugh.
Nancy is sweet and though it's a short read I could actually feel her energy. I do find it hard to connect with characters from short stories/novellas because I almost always feel I didn't have the space and time to get to know them well. Of course, if there were more pages I could see more sides of her personalty, but still I saw the big picture and what I saw I definitely liked. Nancy is pretty upbeat and such a sweet girl. Bit naive too, but then again she's only 24 and has her whole life ahead of her. I cheered for her and wanted her to have her HEA and make her dream come true (become a chef).
I did expect few more laughs, because like I said 'Wedding Hells' was hilarious, but still it's fun and enjoyable. Easy and short, it will definitely cheer you up after a long and exhausting day.
It's a bit of fluff which is great if that's all you want from a story.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > British & Irish > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy