Der Fliegende Hollander: The Flying Dutchman (Opera Guides (Overture)) Paperback – 28 Apr 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The jolliest of bargains.' --The Musical Times
'beautifully produced and designed... terrific value' --Rupert Christiansen - Daily Telegraph
'marvellous... the best books of their kind' --Hugh Canning
About the Author
Richard Wagner (1813 - 83) was a composer who drew inspiration from Christian and Nordic mythology, as well as the philosophy of Schopenhauer, to pioneer dramatically new forms of music. His concept of the "Total Artwork" led to the construction of the Bayreuth Festspielhaus, an opera house he designed specifically for productions of his own operas. He also wrote widely on music and art. His operas include Tristan und Isolde, Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg and the four parts of Der Ring des Nibelungen.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Reference
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Scores, Songbooks & Lyrics > Opera
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Styles > Classical Music > Opera
- Books > Reference