on 13 August 2014
Silent Night ...
These delicately formed candles are lovely. I've been using them in my little cottage since November and they fill the place with a warm and mysterious Casablancan ambience. I'm so overcome by this ambience that I have to change into a long flowing flowery dress, striped headscarf and loafers and get my gold plated cigarette holder out. I accompany this with a good smudging of Ives St Laurent lipstick in Torte et Tart Red. Luckily for me my wife Beryl is in bed sleeping off the effects of 15 vodka and tonics, no chance of her catching me enjoying myself. The only downside is that my reveries are disturbed by the sound of Beryl's snoring and chomping followed by the occasional slurp. Tiddles loves them as when I'm using these candles I don't have 'the big light' on which means the mice can't see me and Tiddles sitting on the settee and I'm thrilled that Tiddles has caught four mice in three days. Some of the switches are dodgy, I switched a candle on and it wouldn't switch off and this is no lie, it was burning for ten days, 24 hours a day. As it was winter, dark at 4pm and the curtains were open, the lights had the adverse effect of attracting some of the less salubrious local male specimens on their way to the Pig and Whistle. Luckily at this time of day Beryl has only had 2 vodka and tonics and she was able to coherently tell them to go away. So my advice to you is, if you have a candle which will not switch off, your curtains are open and it's wintertime, cover it with a tea towel.
3636 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2014
I chose these having read other reviews to light a woodland and country footpath to our rural church for the midnight service on Christmas Eve. They looked beautiful, gave a good light, were easy to put on and off and I'm hoping they'll last for several years to come.
on 31 December 2012
i used these for a school christmas play - they were great and did the job perfectly, very impressed with them.
on 3 December 2012
Bought these for wedding lighting next year as venue unsuitable for real candles. Amber colour is perfect - not too startling. Will reallly help to set a romantic scene and can be used safely at home afterwards.
on 28 December 2012
I was very pleased with these candles which were good value & very effective. They have an easy to use switch and realistic flame effect.
on 19 February 2013
Used these for two parties at Christmas in venues where real candles were not permitted due to fire regulations. Mixed in with holly and ivy they were absolutely magical and lasted two evenings without burning out. If used without foliage they look best in tea light holders.
on 27 December 2012
love the flickering nightlights. they are very effective and look very lifelike. with grandchildren about over Xmas it was lovely to know the lights were safe and the children were not at risk. the only down side is the batteries dont last very long and some of the lights had poor contacts so appeared to have stopped working when actually it hadnt
on 8 February 2016
Excellent product. Arrived well packaged and really quickly. Just what I needed for my Harry Potter theme night. Would recommend to anyone looking to have candle light without all the risk of getting burnt.
on 28 January 2015
Got these to use with the Christmas decorations and they work very and a lot safer than tea lights, the only problem but they did not arrive till long after Christmas and the deckies had been packed away for another year but I will have them ready for Christmas 2015
My advice is if you want them order them well in advance ( at least 4 weeks)
on 2 December 2014
Nice safe way for the kids to use some Christmas lanterns they had made. When I first tried them it seemed that half of them where not working, however firmly pushing the base of the candles (i.e squeezing them top to bottom) got every single one working.