Flatfishes: Biology and Exploitation (Fish and Aquatic Resources) Hardcover – 23 Jan 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A solid, up–to–date book that advanced students and research scientists with interests in fish biology will find interesting and useful." ( Aquaculture International, August 2008)
"The result is a data–rich book that outlines much of what you might ever want to know about flatfishes and more, but which also underscores how much more there is that remains unknown." (Fish and Fisheries, Vol 7, Issue 1, March 2006)
"The book is well presented with clear illustrations and is a valuable source of information for those with a general interest in fish ecology or for the more specialist reader. You should make sure that your library has a copy." (Journal of Fish Biology, 2006)
"This book provides the reader with an excellent and very practical overview of the whole, global flatfish scene. It covers everything from distribution, ecology and behaviour, through management, to aquaculture and stock enhancement. Anyone interested in flatfish at whichever stage if the economic food chain should invest in a copy immediately." (Ausmarine)
"Because of the high quality of each chapter, written by international experts, it is a valuable reference." (Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries)--This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
From the Publisher
* Outlines of systematics, distribution, reproduction, recruitment, ecology and behaviour
* Descriptions of the major fisheries and their management
* Full coverage of recent advances in aquaculture and stock enhancement --This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Fish
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Reptiles
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Fisheries
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Agriculture & Farming
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences