The Flat Tummy Club Diet Paperback – 5 Jan 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Worried you'll have a bikini bulge this summer? Try the cult Flat Tummy plan and you could lose half a stone in just a week. (Daily Mail)
In winter, you develop the art of layering and loose waistbands, but summer can be brutally exposing. Former health publishing director Kate Adams may have the answer...the Flat Tummy Club diet. (Evening Standard)
How to join that most exclusive of groups, the Flat Tummy ClubSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most useful for me were:
- suggestions of healthier alternatives for snacks rather than just listing what to avoid.
- the attitude of not just cutting foods out, but cutting down or finding a "healthier version" of the same food, e.g. swap a bar of milk chocolate for a couple of squares of dark chocolate so you can still get a chocolate fix, but dark chocolate is better for you than milk.
- suggestions of more filling foods to try and cut down the need for snacks.
- explanations of why certain foods are bad for you, as well as why others are beneficial.
- lists of great foods, along with recipes for how to incorporate them into your diet.
- the relaxed attitude - no strict diet rules or calorie-counting. It's just giving you some useful nutritional information and suggestions of how to eat well, but once you get the gist of it, you don't need to follow anything by the letter.
I have now changed my overall diet and this is a great reference book to go with my new lifestyle.
The book is very easy and quick to read with emphasis at the beginning on looking at your current eating habits and nemesis foods (ie those that you just can't stop eating once started), with lots of good advice on ways to curb cravings.
There are general principles and advice on healthy eating, but you are encouraged to design your own eating plan based on these healthy principles and the foods that you enjoy, with an emphasis on seasonal home cooked food.
The FTC diet also encourages you to increase your physical activity with whatever you enjoy (Kate Adams walked - lots!)
The tone of the book is really encouraging and inspirational with good advice on managing your diet when under stress, on holiday, losing motivation etc.
This diet will not suit somebody who relies heavily on convenience foods (though it is amazing how quickly and easily really fresh healthy meals can be made).
I have really loved searching health recipes from my cookery books and the internet and my husband keeps raving about how delicious the food is that we've been eating. I have lost weight without feeling hungry or deprived (except for wine!), have really enjoyed eating healthy fresh food and exercising more, and (according to husband and friends) am looking much trimmer.
I have tried various diet books in the past which I have found briefly successful but unsustainable (often faddy with lots of banned foods which left me feeling listless). The Flat tummy club diet feels more like a welcome change in lifestyle which I feel happy to stick with in the long term... Love it!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was Very helpful! Helped with understanding how to get rid of an extremely stubborn pouch! Highly recommended to all.Published 5 months ago by The Reader
Great book, and great service. Prompt delivery. Would highly recommend. Many ThanksPublished 12 months ago by Anniroc
Not what I was expecting as full of soup recipes and I don't want to be eating soups all the time, managing to loose by reading a excellent book by Amelia... Read morePublished 15 months ago by J.Hawkes