Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 July 2014
If you are looking for an easy to reference recipe book suitable for diabetics with an eye on your waistline, then this isn't it, especially in the kindle version, as it isn't easy to navigate your way around. Recipes are embedded in various chapters. Some are OK but many are just common sense. The advice in the various chapters is fine if you have never read anything about diabetes & the constant reinforcing of who the writers are (eg their positions) is annoying, as is the constant rather 'lecturing tone' & repetition of somewhat longwinded points, all of which I found somewhat condescending. I really wasn't impressed but have a look for yourself & decide!
on 10 March 2013
Great book. Well written and with loads of information and tips.
If you have Diabetes and, dare I say it, a bit of a belly - then
this book is for you
on 26 February 2013
Did not like too fussy format, just drove me up the wall.
Sorry but I may be a simple soul but this book was not for me.
on 1 August 2013
The book may have been a good idea but it is over-inflated and verbose. Its diets are wholly unreal for English people with many strange ingredients and the style here too authoritarian and inflexible. At its best in talking more generally about being diabetic.
Very American.
on 10 September 2013
I feel so much better all round after only a couple of days! I have already ordered another for my daughter.
on 10 February 2013
Gave me the info I required to try and bring my blood sugar levels down. Have not had the book long enough to know whether it works
on 31 March 2016
It helps a lot but the menus are for four people and Americanised, plus some of the food never heard of
on 26 July 2014
Obvisiously written for Americans !