Flash to the Core: An Interactive Sketchbook Paperback – 24 Jul 2002
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Coverage is not critically tied to a particular rev of Flash. Flash- An Interactive Sketchbook is about the creative process and what someone like Joshua Davis can teach the world about taking Flash design and development to new extremes. The book is thoughtfully designed and in four color. Part one (~75 pages) is all about Joshua Davis, the artist- his philosophies, his approach to Flash workflow, how he works with clients, how he explains and explores the world around him through his creative approach to Flash web design, animation and motion graphics. Part two (~175 pages) is about the work itself- 12 Flash-based projects Joshua has created in the past year. Some of these have won awards, others have been nominated for awards. Each project is a narrative and deconstruction, with the code used in the project included and explained. This book is for all the people who are past using books that review the Flash menu bars. A large and growing audience wants to learn advanced Flash techniques from the best in the business. No other book can do this quite like Flash- An Interactive Sketchbook.
About the Author
Joshua Davis helps create some of the most head-turning web sites in the world, and is one of the few people with legitimate claim to being called 'genius' in web design today. Joshua was just named one of the Ten Most Creative People by the IPPA. He is a professional designer and creative thinker, and spreads his time working with clients, traveling the world speaking at design seminars, and building his own creative projects.
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway, this book isn't really a tutorial type book - do this, then this, then this etc - although it does have many really good, real world, code examples it it - no, I found this book actually helped me get an idea of how an accomplised new media designer works. In some ways this book is like Hillman Curtis' book MTIV but with code.
If you want to learn to work smarter, or are just starting out get this book - it will help you get a grip on the basics and also show you a few new tricks that are pretty cool.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Graphic Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Video
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Genres
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Animation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film