Fixing College Education: A New Curriculum for the Twenty-first Century Hardcover – 30 Jul 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fixing College Education is full of cogent, frank, even refreshingly blunt criticism of undergraduate education. Muscatine's passion pervades the volume, and he does not hesitate to criticize the sacred cows of academe in search for improved education of students. - Jerry G. Gaff, Senior Scholar, Association of American Colleges and Universities, Washington, D.C. ""Fixing College Education is a personal statement by a distinguished teacher and scholar who cares deeply about student learning and who tried gallantly to change a system that is seriously flawed. This is a manifesto that needs to be widely read."" - R. Eugene Rice, Senior Scholar, Association of American Colleges and Universities, Washington, D.C.
About the Author
Charles Muscatine is Professor of English Emeritus at the University of California at Berkeley, where he taught for forty-three years.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation > Strategies & Policy
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Higher & Further Education
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Curriculum Planning & Development
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies