• Fixer

Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 29 November 2016
I was quite spellbound by this, fascinating how it all came together. I really like books with unusual plots that you cannot easily figure out. Great book - I could not put it down
on 7 December 2014
I loved the Immortal series. This book didn't work as well, not because of the writing or story, both of which are good enough to hold your attention, but because of the timeline. The story frequently jumps between different timelines but there is no way from the narrative to tell which time one is currently reading about. I like to read when I'm falling asleep. I found that I had to read this book whilst drawing a diagram to remind me where I was or I got thoroughly lost.

Otherwise, it's not bad. A bit too much work for my taste but I wouldn't call it a disaster.
on 28 October 2014
An inventive, complex and engaging story. I've read other works by Doucette, and this is my favourite. Corrigan Bane is a fascinating character. I hope to see more of him. The concept may go over some heads, but this was definitely my cup of tea.
on 22 August 2013
**Provided by Netgalley and The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House for an honest review**

Unfortunately I found that I was unable to finish this book. It is safe to say that at 50% through, I knew this book was not for me and I had to stop reading. I struggled to read most of what I had and have only stopped reading one other book before. :(

First this book jumps time frames from now to 5 years ago, eight years ago, thirty eight years ago. It also has multiple POV. Any more than three to me is wasted and a lot of their POV's just seemed like space filler to me.

With the jumping around in time, I found myself confused as I couldn't grasp what had happened when, though I could understand the present day. It was just too all over the place.

Not a book I would recommend personally.