The Five-Year Engagement [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£1.94 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
The director and writer/star of Forgetting Sarah Marshall team up again for the irreverent comedy The Five-Year Engagement. Beginning where most romantic comedies end, the new film from director Nicholas Stoller, producer Judd Apatow (Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin) and Rodney Rothman (Get Him to the Greek) looks at what happens when an engaged couple, Jason Segel and Emily Blunt, keeps getting tripped up on the long walk down the aisle. The film was written by Segel and Stoller.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
- Extended & Alternate Scenes (Alex & Suzie Meet, Drunken Pig Checkout, Gwyrth, Tom Plans Wedding, Karate Chop)
Planning a wedding is no easy task, and finding the perfect moment for the big occasion is nothing short of impossible, but Violet (Emily Blunt) and Tom (Jason Segel) have no idea of the challenges ahead of them when they decide to get married. This slapstick comedy plays like the art of awkward: Violet, Tom, their friends, and families all have huge propensities for saying and doing the absolutely worst, most awkward thing in any given situation. From a bungled marriage proposal to a multimedia presentation about Tom's ex-girlfriends at the couple's engagement party, and an inappropriate hookup between Violet's sister Susie (Alison Brie) and Tom's good friend Alex (Chris Pratt), the impending nuptials promise nothing but trouble for everyone but viewers in the mood to laugh. Rising chef Tom sacrifices a job he loves in San Francisco, along with the promise of swift promotion, to follow academic Violet to a teaching fellowship in Michigan. The only job Tom can find there is in a sandwich shop, and the move puts their wedding plans on hold. As Violet pursues her dreams of teaching, Tom refuses to admit how unhappy he really is, instead desperately pursuing a friendship with a fellow faculty spouse that lands him with some very odd hobbies and not much fulfillment. Eventually, the strain takes a huge toll on their relationships with one another, their friends, coworkers, and families. But one thing is certain, director Nicholas Stoller makes sure that their journey is just as funny as it is sad. The Five-Year Engagement is an irreverent comedy that takes every opportunity to go well beyond the boundaries of good taste in the quest for laughter, and that really is the main point of the film. That said, Violet and Tom do actually share a few heartfelt moments and discover some very real truths--that no one can anticipate and solve all the problems of an impending marriage before they actually take the plunge, and there is absolutely no "perfect time" to get married. Of course, those moments of truth are arrived at by a winding path of awkward conversations, bawdy humor, ridiculous situations, and childish behavior that will keep viewers laughing out loud for pretty much the entire film. --Tami Horiuchi
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I like both Emily Blunt after seeing her in films like 'The Young Victoria' & 'The Adjustment Bureau' & Jason Segel who i regularly watch in 'How I Met Your Mother' but their acting in this film was wooden - there was zero chemistry between the two - which made it hard to believe they were in love. As for the comedy - What Comedy?? The only part i found amusing was where Blunt & her on screen sister were doing the Elmo & Cookie Monster voices. I watched it to the end hoping it got better but sadly not!
I was expecting so much more from this film after seeing it advertised when it was in the cinema. If you don't want to waste 2 hours of you life - DO NOT BUY THIS FILM!!
On the plus side the acting (with the distint exception of the main character's sister) is making the best of a bad script.
It is a good film. Cute, fun, light, funny, pink, candy ect. and nothing like bad.
If you like romantic films and like to fly away from reality... This is you evening film with the girls or alone with a glass of wine :D Enjoy!
Would not recommend it to anyone , and will be giving my copy to a charity shop.
Story follows a couple who have post-poned their engagement for 5 years, your standard romcom but I loved it!
* Some well-known actors in this movie including Emily Blunt, and if you're a fan of American sitcoms you may also enjoy seeing Jason Segal (from How I Met Your Mother), Mindy Karling (from The Mindy Project), Chris Pratt (from Parks and Recreation as well as blockbuster movies like Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy) and Dakota Johnson (from Ben and Kate).
* Explores some interesting ideas about relationships, about what happens when a couple has different dreams and needs and what happens when couples compromise. It also explores the idea of how perfect your partner has to be in order to know that your partner is right for you, in the eyes of the film makers, which I thought was an interesting take on it. I found some of the more serious aspects of the movie about relationships to be quite relatable.
* Has some entertaining moments
* Satisfying ending
- - -
The not so good?
* Overly wacky at times, sometimes in bad taste (eg. unnecessary gory moments that literally made one of my fellow film-viewers say they don't want to watch the rest of the movie).
* The movie does feel quite long - I watched it in 30 minute sections over a couple of days to make it easier to digest.
* Little chemistry between the main couple
* It tries to be funny but often misses the mark
- - -
It's a mediocre chick flick - certainly watchable if you're bored and have nothing better to do, but I'm not sure if it's too memorable, aside from some of the meant-to-be-funny-weird/gory-scenes which I found a bit disturbing. Hopefully I'll forget those scenes in time o_o. If you have an aversion to wacky humour in general this movie may be best avoided.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have to say I love this movie. Funny and a good storyline. Acting is brilluant...the type I can watch over again.Published 28 days ago by 10kmaniac
My wife and i love this movie so it gets 10/10 from us ,where has all the romcoms gone to ???Published 7 months ago by gjsteed
Bought for my mum after she saw it on TV, it's currently one of her fav films at the moment, so a v. satisfied customer :)Published 7 months ago by Sopha lofa