on 24 June 2017
I've bloody awful feet: wide, flat, bunions and the sort of skin that breaks down into blisters at the drop of a hat. I'm also typically walking on uneven ground and up and down steep hills. I'm unable to try first as I live in the mountains in Crete and these sorts of shoes just aren't available. Lots of flip flops, but the cheap and cheerful beach variety.

I sought advice and received lots of recommendations including: Birkenstocks, Filflops, Sketchers, Hotter. Etc., etc. I settled on Fit flops.

They took their time arriving (around 4 weeks) - but with so many delivery stages I'm prepared to forgive that. The sandals themselves are light and comfortable, I had no trouble 'breaking-in' the toe-post, the arch support is okay and the straps from the toe-post sit high on the foot, ensuring a good supportive sandal. My problem is that after only a few weeks wear the top straps have stretched slightly - not a lot, but enough for them to be slightly less supportive than they felt when new. The answer may be to order a half size smaller in future - though not sure if Fitflop do half sizes? Overall I would recommend these shoes, but bear in mind the stretch factor.
5 people found this helpful
on 12 April 2017
I just purchased the tan ones and while they are soft and comfortable there is no fitflop logo on the side as there is in the picture. They also do not look like real leather. I suspect they are PU leather. The upper looks quite cheap and plasticy and does not have that nice leather smell. They also did not come in a box just a plastic bag.
7 people found this helpful
on 14 August 2017
I am really shocked to have received this item from Amazon as a seller. It was clear these sandals were a bit off as soon as I took them out of the packaging. The upper material is not leather, the footbed looks a little different to Fitflop and the sizing is off - these are about half a size smaller than any other Fitflops I have ever owned - weird since I have never experienced differences in footbed sizing across Fipflop styles. A quick google search showed that the original product (which is leather, not fake plastic leather) is a slightly different tone and has the Fitflop logo embossed on the side of the leather, these do not.
3 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2016
I think one needs a much "thicker" food to feel comfortable in these. My food is quite thin and bonny, and it leaves a lot of space between the foot and the strap (whilst length is perfect) so very uncomfortable. Donated to charity bin within 2 weeks.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 May 2017
Bought these to replace a pair I had worn for several summers. These are a completely different fit, much narrower, with no upturned margin around the edge. I have twice slipped off the edge of the sandal, causing a bruised foot, and a fall. This never happened with the old sandals, so I don't think it's just me!! This is very disappointing as they are too dangerous to wear, so a waste of money.
5 people found this helpful
on 20 July 2017
I have already got several pairs of Fitflops (not bought via Amazon), which I love, and have been wearing them for years. This particular pair feels slightly different from all my others in that the footbed feels a little bit flatter under the arch of my foot, and not quite so supportive. They also have a unique little squeak (both shoes) around the toe post as I walk! However I'm hoping that will disappear as I wear them in! Four stars this time as a little disappointed in the quality.
on 13 May 2017
I buy a new pair of flitflops every year as I find them so comfortable .I am pleased with this pair ,love the colour and they are comfortable , although I am wondering why they haven't got a logo on the outside like all my other pairs ?? and like the illustration picture shows ?
Can anyone advise me
2 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2017
I have arthritis in my big toe, and was advised to wear fitflops by my podiatrist, and have loads of pairs of which I love as they are marvellously comfortable, I can walk for miles without any trouble. When I buy a pair of shoes I tend to judge them by their comfort and if they are causing me pain in my toe or not. Initially I didn't think there was anything wrong with these sandals I presumed they were the genuine article as they were comfortable and didn't cause any discomfort. I now think that although the sole looks genuine, the upper is very inferior compared to my other Fitflops. I've only had them a couple of months and already the leather is very scuffed it's more like coated leather and I am airing on the side that these may not be the real deal. Which is dissapointing I thought these were a bit cheap for fitflops!!!
on 9 August 2017
very comfy but a lot of foot slippage near bridge of foot and despite being a fitflop these actually needed 'breaking in' caused a little discomfort between toes - took a couple of weeks and callouses to be comfy - the clog style fitflop on the other hand is like a good fitting glove!!! would give that one 10/10 - this one is also a nightmare to drive in - but for general summer flopping around ok but I wouldn't buy again -
on 30 May 2017
Second pair I have bought. My last pair have just given up the ghost after about 6 years. Decided to go for similar again and have not been disappointed. Especially good given that their structure supports my sore feet (Plantar Fasciitis) so good to walk in and seem to be helping- bonus!