on 13 April 2015
It's ok. The sleep tracker isn't very accurate and it doesn't pick up every step. It did however pick up on a very bumpy car journey the other day and added a few hundred steps to my count.
It does give you a lift in the day when you get the buzz and light show for reaching your steps goal but it is hard since you seem to really hav to swing your arms for it to pick up on steps.
The silent alarm wouldn't deactivate the 3rd time i used it. I had to go to the app to turn off the alarm.
The battery is good.
I haven't tested the waterproof-ness of it but have worn it while washing up and its been fine. You do need to take it off afterwards otherwise the water lingers and it'll irritate your skin.
I comes with the small and large straps which is useful as on warmer days I like to wear it looser.
The slate is true to colour (wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the cheapest).
The app is tempermental which makes the fitbit itself a pain to use
on 23 March 2015
My violet flex is just brilliant.

This has got me moving more all day every day more than a gym membership ever did.

It's motivating, the lights are a constant reminder to keep moving.

I was dubious because of some negative reviews but I've not had any problems so far. I wear mine all of the time except in the shower.

I am obsessed with getting my 5 lights lit up every day, so I know I've done my 10,000 daily steps. The app is very good, and the community and group challenges are very good too. It's easy to add friends and start a challenge with strangers even (who you can also message within the challenge).

Battery life so far has been excellent, well over 5 days but I don't use mine as an alarm which makes it vibrate and use battery. Nor does it sync to my phone, only my computer. You need a fairly modern phone for it to sync with a phone. But you get a USB dongle thing, that plugs into your computer or laptop which is fine. No need for a modern phone or tablet really!

I wake up and think I need to get my first light as soon as possible. By around mid-day/2pm I'll be thinking I really need to be on at least my second light by now. By 4pm if I've not got 3 lights I'll be making as much effort as possible to get them lit up. Be it going for a walk, marching on the spot, dancing around, house work etc. etc. I will keep active.

By the end of the day, I've consciously made sure I've been as active as possible to get all of my 5 lights. When you hit your 5 lights, the Flex flashes and buzzes, and then you know you can go to bed having succeeded ;)
on 10 May 2014
I've had my Fitbit for 7 months now, and already I've had to have two replacement straps (the first one stretched so much I lost the Fitbit out of it, the second split).

The sleep monitoring is rubbish, it's really annoying to get into/out of sleep mode, and it doesn't track as much activity as the iWatch will when that comes out. Honestly, I'd just wait for that. I'll be trading my Fitbit in for one.

[Edit - November 2014 - the whole Fitbit got caught and came off my wrist without even noticing. Utter waste of money.]
on 7 November 2014
I have been wanting to get myself an activity tracker for quite some time and after doing my research and reading up on reviews I decided on the flex. I have to say one of the best purchases I have made with regards to fitness gear. You have 2 wrist bands with the flex one small and one large so you can choose which is more appropriate for you. You can also set your individual goals and track this by simply tapping the device, and this is a feature I really like about the flex as I can have a rough idea of how well I am doing. You can also download and app to your phone to keep it synced which is much easier to track progress and log and other activity to you have taken part in that you might not be able to wear the flex for, mine is rugby, although its durable I do not fancy it being torn off my wrist during a game. You can also sync it with other apps to get the most out of your activity or monitor your calorie/energy expenditure, the only issue i've had is the tracker cannot sync but this has been easy enough to sort out by resetting the device.
on 16 June 2017
This is the second one I've purchased - not sure if I'll by a third one if this one packs in - there a lot more products coming onto the market now that makes this appear slightly limited
on 31 January 2016
I am really happy with my fitbit flex. It can be worn on wrist or fixed to clothing. It will still track any steps and sleeping regime. I am doing the 5:2 diet and this is so handy to log all the things I need to know. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is thinking of purchasing it.
on 31 July 2017
It kept going wrong and wouldn't recharge. Fitbit very unhelpful. Gave up after a year as couldn't get it to charge. I've heard Fitbit are helpful to other people but no luck myself. Expensive for something that keeps going wrong.
on 26 April 2017
I was very disappointed to find that the bracelet snapped the first week l was wearing it. My husband superglued it together. When l complained and enquired about a replacement l was asked to send a photo of the broken bracelet. Of course, although it looks a mess l was reluctant to break it again. I wouldn't mind so much if someone would tell me where l could buy a replacement, and where from. The small bracelet wouldn't fit me.
on 28 March 2017
Bought this in late November 2016 - at first it was great and worked a treat but has since died a death - won't connect to my phone or laptop and the message I get it that the fitbit if rejecting the pairing - useless without the app. So disappointed should have just bought a cheaper one for the length of time it lasted :(
on 26 June 2013
I've been using the Fitbit Ultra since september 2012. I lost my first one on a plane and that's oone of the reasons that I liked the idea of a wristband, it's always there. The other Fitbits are so easy to loose or forget on a pair of pants or similar. I really like the design of the Flex, but compared to the Ultra there's a few downsides:

Flex doesn't record stairs
Flex seems to record more steps than the Ultra
Flex have shorter battery life than the Ultra
Flex doesn't have a display to show steps and other stats

The positive things are:

Flex is waterproof (biggest USP for me)
Flex is always with you and VERY hard to loose or forget (next biggest USP for me)
Flex syncs with iPhone (the Ultra needed a computer and the docking station)