Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment Hardcover – 11 Jun 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The second edition of Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment is a welcome update of the 1996 original. Enlarged to include 130 pages of new information and generously illustrated with color photographs and black–and–white diagrams, this text should serve as a resource for practitioners who occasionally treat pet fish as well as for dedicated fish disease diagnosticians. Reasonably priced, this comprehensive text is a useful addition to the library of any veterinarian engaged in fish medicine and diagnostics. ( Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, December 2010)
"This is a welcome expansion of the first edition. It offers a much expanded clinical methods section, several new and/or newly organized problems, and presentation of enhanced and updated treatment options. Altogether, new information has increased the page count by 130 pages. This book remains unique in its clinical as well as academic usefulness. The clinical focus makes it stand out from other important fish medicine and disease references, and its ease of use makes it a popular first choice of professionals in the field." (Doody′s, December 2010)
"The second updated edition of Edward J. Noga′s FISH DISEASE: DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT (9780813806976) is a ′must′ for any aquatic biologist or fish health specialist. The newly updated edition expands clinical work–up insights, coverage of fish pathogen identification, and more, providing updates on diagnosis, treatment, and issues affecting overall environmental health. The result is a top pick filled with technical detail and the latest research, recommended for any college–level collection!" (The Midwest Book Review, October 2010)
From the Back Cover
Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition provides thorough, yet concise, descriptions of viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic, and noninfectious diseases in an exhaustive number of fish species. Now in full color with more than 500 images, the book is designed as a comprehensive guide to the identification and treatment of both common and rare problems encountered during the clinical work–up of fish species.
Diseases are discussed following a systems–based approach, to ensure a user–friendly and practical manual for identifying problems.
Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition is the must–have reference for any aquaculturists, aquatic biologists, or fish health specialists dealing with diagnosing or treating fish diseases.
New to this Edition:
- Offers an expanded clinical work–up section to include recently developed, as well as more specialized, diagnostic procedures
- Expands coverage of molecular methods for fish pathogen identification
- Provides coverage of many newly prominent and recently discovered diseases
- Expands the Pharmacopoeia section with both new drugs and dosing regimens
- Incorporates greater discussion of diseases and treatments as they relate to environmental and public health
- Provides updates on other health protection strategies, including commercially available diagnostic tests and vaccines
- Expands coverage of the principles and practice of biosecurity
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Some knowledge of general biological/medical terms required ( or you can always google it) if not an "expert".
recommended for all serious fishkeepers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Fisheries
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Veterinary Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Agriculture & Farming
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Veterinary Science