'I love how Holly writes- I felt like reading it I was sitting chatting with a friend having a cuppa in a cafe- it's not preachy, it's full of helpful advice and there's enough it'll help you make your own mind up. It's also an easy read, as I remember those early days, and actually reading anything was a task in itself... I wish this book had been available when I was pregnant....Highly recommended by us!'
'First-time mums can now turn to new voice Hollie Smith who writes in such an engaging style that she sounds like your knowledgeable big sister...First Time Mum is a friendly guide with down-to-earth tips and advice covering both emotional and practical matters...the book features real-life families so is full of first-hand experiences too. If you are feeling like a deflated balloon, both physically and mentally, you might find comfort in the fact that you are not alone and there are all kinds of strategies for dealing with the fairly common "baby blues"...as well as offering you reassurance to help you get through some difficult times, First Time Mum details all you need to know on the daily routines of feeding, changing nappies and settling baby down to sleep.' (Family Interest Magazine 20121001)
From the Back Cover
- Understand what’s happening to your body after you’ve given birth.
- Bond and play with your baby (the fun bits).
- Cope with the lack of sleep.
- Identify your baby’s cries and stop tears.
- Feed your baby and make sure he/she is happy and healthy.
- Adapt and cope with life at home and the (sometimes) dreaded return to work