First Ypres 1914: The graveyard of the Old Contemptibles (Campaign) Paperback – 27 Nov 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
David Lomas is the pen name of Deborah Lake who currently lives and works in Northumberland.
Ed Dovey has been a military illustrator for a number of years and has worked on Osprey titles such as Campaign 49 Mons 1914. He is well known and much admired for his work in Military Illustrated magazine.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book made it clear what happened during the 1st battle and we used it to do a cycle tour of the historic places of interest.
Since our visit I have bought Major Holt's book and map, during 2010 we will re-visit Ypres for our second visit to dig a bit deeper into the area.
If you are going to Ypres and are interested in WW1 I recommend this book, it contains many photos, battle maps and essential information.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > History > Europe > France
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > History > Europe > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > History > Military History > World War I
- Books > History > World History > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence