Customer reviews

on 24 May 2015
This book was utterly disappointing and a complete waste of money. One of the things I am finding tough about the menopause is the strength of my emotional reactions and desperately wanted some help. This is just a standard psychotherapy book (I've read millions because I am a psychotherapist) that merely encourages you to write your feelings down and then explore why you feel like that. I know why I feel like that....my hormones are all over the place!!! The section on anger is ridiculous - 2 pages long and basically advises you to read some good books on anger or go to a shooting range (it's an American book by the way)?? I've read lots of books on anger and want someone to help me to address the raging PMT type anger I have been recently experiencing - which is not helped by "writing it all down" and then "choosing to let it all go". Rubbish, if that approached worked then this Amazon review rant would have made me feel better - it hasn't (well, it has just a little but that probably won't last long). Wish I'd spent my money on a big box of chocolates instead....I'd be feeling a lot happier!
3 people found this helpful
on 19 July 2013
Recently had a hysterectomy at 45 , no one prepared me for the emotional menopause'. The author gets me 100% . This book has helped me so much and such a relief to know my feelings are normal although going through them at the time was a scary ride but this book puts it all back in line. Honestly felt like the author was in my head and knew every thought I had it was as if there was no hiding any of my emotions. I am not a big reader but this book blew me away. Definitely recommend it
5 people found this helpful
on 6 November 2013
I searched everywhere for information to help me to understand the emotional aspects of the menopause. I wanted to understand my mood swings and their effect on my family. This fantastic book is exactly what I needed.
5 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2015
This is by far the best book I've read to help me come to terms with my menopausal change. It skips the HRT debate, remedys and pills. It actually focuses on the real deep core emotional devastation that can occur. I will refer to this book many times. It was a blessing to read. Like a wise motherly hug, it covered all I needed to know. Very honest easy to read book. It's title and pink cover don't do it justice really, and I nearly skipped reading it, but so glad I never. Thanks to th author.
One person found this helpful
on 24 November 2012
it makes a change to read a book on menopause that covers through emotional side. i have found feeling with early menopause tough and find other books cover the physical side but not emotions. i feel the content is really relevant.
3 people found this helpful