- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Firm [Re-pack] [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Ex-lawyer, John Grisham's first novel is brought to the screen by Sydney Pollack. Hot shot Harvard law graduate Mitch McDeere (Tom Cruise) is headhunted and enrolled by a small firm of lawyers based away from New York City, offering him a large pay package. When the FBI tell Mitch that the firm is a front for the illegal activities of the Mob, he investigates further - endangering himself and his wife (Jeanne Tripplehorn).
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The film lacks the power, conviction and the direction of all of those films listed.
An excellent cast with 2 of my favourite actors in Gene Hackman and Tom Cruise, but even they are not at their best by some way, the only reason why Tom Cruise stands out is due to his being on screen for most of the film, Gary Busey is barely in the film, maybe a couple of minutes at best.
The film is very drawn out at least half an hour too long, it lacks pace and for what reason exactly? ***Spoiler coming up*** billable hours of a lawyer firm, that's it and that's all!!!
Sydney Pollack seems to like doing long drawn out films, I have only 2 other films of his Random hearts and The Interpreter, both of which are better than this, especially the latter of the two.
Most reviewers clearly love this film and for some reason known only to them think that this is the best adaptation of John Grisham's work, I very strongly disagree, I'd urge you to catch it on TV as and when it's on or rent if you can before thinking about any purchase unless you can pick it up dirt cheap.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews