- Also check our best rated Carbon Monoxide Detector reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
Fireangel CO-9D Digital Sealed for Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Automatic self diagnostic check
- 7yr sealed for life Lithium battery
- Loud 85dB alarm at 1 metre
- Large Test & Silence button
- Large multi-function digital screen and room thermometer.
- Temperature facility designed to provide a room temperature indication only (nominally +/- 2°C)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Life Saver Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Fireangel CO-9X Carbon Monoxide Alarm
FireAngel Carbon Monoxide Alarm - 10 Year Life, Sealed in Power Pack
Kidde 7COC Carbon Monoxide Alarm (replaceable batteries) 10 Year Sensor and Warranty
FireAngel CO-9XT-FF Carbon Monoxide Alarm,7 Year Life, Sealed in Power Pack
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20||FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20||FREE Shipping||FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20||FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20|
|Item Dimensions||3.99 x 12.5 x 7.39 cm||7 x 12 x 3 cm||11.2 x 3.5 x 7.2 cm||4.57 x 11.68 x 14.22 cm||12.6 x 3.5 x 7.2 cm||—|
What Is Carbon Monoxide (CO)?
Carbon monoxide is a dangerous, poisonous gas that kills hundreds of people each year and injures many more. The most common causes of carbon monoxide poisoning are poorly fitted or maintained domestic fossil-fuel-burning heating appliances, such as boilers. It is often referred to as the silent killer because it has no odour or taste and cannot be seen. Like oxygen, CO enters the body through the lungs during the normal breathing process. It competes with oxygen by replacing it in the red blood cells, thereby reducing the flow of oxygen to the heart, brain and other vital organs. In high concentrations, CO can kill in minutes.
Why Do You Need an Alarm?
Many cases of reported carbon monoxide poisoning indicate that while victims are aware they are not feeling well, they become disorientated and unable to save themselves by either exiting the building or calling for assistance. Exposure during sleep is particularly dangerous because the victim usually does not wake up. Children and the elderly are particularly susceptible to CO. CO exposure can lead to miscarriages and stillbirths in pregnant women. A carbon monoxide alarm should be installed in any room that has a fuel burning appliance.
The FireAngel CO-9D Digital 7 Year Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Reduce the chance of being poisoned by carbon monoxide (CO). FireAngel's electronic audible CO alarms constantly monitor the home, providing early warning of the deadly gas well before danger levels are reached. The CO-9D is a feature rich, market-leading alarm, offering the ultimate protection from deadly CO.
Warning of Dangerous Low Levels
Provides early warning of the presence of low or high levels of CO in your home through alarm and LCD display. The digital LCD display shows low levels of CO down to 10 ppm (parts per million) and also peak readings over the previous 4 weeks.
Never Need to Change the Battery
The internal battery will power the alarm for 7 years in normal operating conditions. The battery is sealed inside the alarm to keep you safe so that it cannot be pinched for use in the TV remote.
Alerting You to the Danger
The alarm has an 85 decibel sounder/horn that will alert you in an emergency to the presence of deadly carbon monoxide.
Additional Temperature Feature
The digital display can be switched between CO monitor and the integrated room thermometer. This is a particularly useful feature when monitoring the temperature is important, such as in a room where a baby is sleeping.
Tested to the Highest Standards
The Kitemark is most frequently used to identify products where safety is paramount, such as crash helmets, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms and flood defences. A Kitemark is only awarded once the product has passed a rigorous testing programme.
For Use at Home and on Holiday
There have been a number of tragedies and numerous near-misses in the UK and abroad in recent years. No one should take it for granted that their hotel room, holiday home, caravan or canal boat is safe.
Large multi function easy read digital LCD display shows CO level and room temperature. 7 year sealed in battery means no need ever to change. Portable, for home or holiday use. Certified to BS EN 50291-2001.See all Product description
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-8 of 1,427 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is 5” x 3” and a little over an inch fat. The display has two modes – room temperature (?) and Carbon monOxide (CO) ppm. It only registers CO levels of 10 ppm and above.
From the instruction book: 35ppm is the maximum allowable concentration for any continuous 8 hour period for a healthy adult. The alarm sounds when 50 ppm is registered for 60-90 minutes. It sounds a bit sooner if the levels are 100 ppm and within 3 minutes if exposed to CO concentrations of 300 ppm or higher. 300 ppm is only life-threatening after several hours exposure.
The instruction book encourages annual testing of the sensor with a CO source (they suggest an incense stick) held under the sensor. You put the unit into a special test mode by holding down the test button.
To use you just pull out the clip that prevents battery discharge and it’s up and running. Then place the sensor between 1 and 3 metres from the potential source of CO. I have some old gas appliances so I wanted to make sure they were ok. The gas fire in the living room registered 0 ppm after several hours use. The kitchen was a different story. With two rings and the grill in use it registered, momentarily 13ppm, but stayed at 10 ppm for most of the time the burners were in use. While no CO would be best, the fact it registered small amounts suggests that it is functioning as required, so I’m quite happy with it.
You hear so many horrible story's in the news, so hopefully people will take note and buy one. I am so happy i did.