Customer reviews

on 5 May 2017
Not read yet but I am sure it is good
on 24 July 2017
great value
on 17 August 2017
Highly recommended. Loved every minute of reading it. Really looking forward to reading other books by Lauren St John. First class read.
on 14 April 2015
Being an experienced ex pro myself I found it frustrating at times but still a fun, entertaining and enjoyable read!
on 27 July 2017
Brilliant book!
on 30 May 2014
I finished this book in just one day whilst revising a truely awesome book. Would recommend to anyone. Enjoy because I certainly have.
on 5 August 2014
Excellent
on 16 March 2014
You must read the other 2 books first but wow. Lauren st John you are an amazing author. This book is emotional and actually has had a change in my thoughts
on 28 July 2015
It was really nice to step back into the world of Casey, Storm and Angelica Smith. Fire Storm tells the story of Casey Blue as she prepares to go for the Grand Slam title and win the Burghley Horse Trials with her horse Storm Warning, and the help of her slightly eccentric but utterly devoted trainer Mrs Smith.

Straight away there's an awful tension in this book. There's a lot of issues going on that just never happened in the other books. Casey is riding a horse other than Storm, and you really miss the special connection she has with him and the uncertainty she has when dealing with Roxy is so unsettling. Mrs Smith's health issues, which we learnt about in the previous book are getting worse and making her sacrifice some time from Casey's training - and her student doesn't even know she's sick.

And then blonde, perfect Kyle West walks in, give three bits of advice and Casey is off to join him in his stables. Obviously, not all is as it seems.

I enjoyed Casey's evolvement as a rider, and it was really great to see her connect with Roxy eventually and want to buy her. However, for me, the sub plot was just very bizarre. I also hate the trope of boy sees girl kissing another boy and doesn't wait five minutes to let her explain (or vice versa).

The ending definitely seemed rather abrupt for me, I was kind of shocked when I turned the page and realised there was no more. I can't help but be disappointed with Casey's decision, overall it was rather an odd one even if she didn't want to compete Storm anymore. It felt like she was kind of throwing away her childhood dreams just when they became an actual reality. It just wasn't extremely well-rounded in my opinion.
on 9 March 2014
This book is the best out of the 3 without a doubt! Brilliant! All horse and or eventing fans should read it!