TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 February 2018
Normally I delve into a book by Diane Chamberlain and become totally engrossed in it, however I didn't find that with this one. All of the elements were there, but I felt that there was something missing this time round. The plot centres around four main characters, divorced Carmen Perez and Chris Garrett and Mia Tanner and Jeff Cabrio who arrives in Valle Rosa saying he can make it rain following devastating fires. As the story develops all four characters have to face past demons and do a lot of thinking about the implications on their futures. I did feel as if we had been left a bit up in the air with the ending and maybe this is why I didn't feel this was a complete story.
VINE VOICEon 23 March 2017
This is a fascinating tale of a community hit by drought and fires, and the effect of one man who promises he can make it rain. As the various lives intertwine, the story of the Rainmaker is revealed piece by piece.
Another hit by this author, who never fails to provide a thoughtprovoking, enjoyable read, with well drawn characters who pull you into the story.
on 5 September 2017
So difficult to put down, My heart was crying for Mia , her rejection and pain was heart breaking ,, what was Jeff's secrect that made him so driven? I was drawn in and couldn't wait to read more loved this book
on 20 December 2016
Once I found Diane Chamberlain I never missed her latest novel and ensured I sourced and read all her older stuff too (summers child etc) so I was looking forward to this newbie. I was truly disappointed as I just couldn't get into it, found the characters and the storyline dull really. Usually her stuff is a complete page turner for me. I'd recommend all her other books, especially breaking the silence, the good father and midwifes confession but this one just didn't have a spark for me.
on 20 June 2017
I really enjoyed this novel and felt that the characters were really believable. I have read many of her other books and this is one of my favourites
on 8 March 2015
I have read at least 8 of Diane Chamberlain's books now and when I finish one I immediately order the next one! I don't know how the author keeps coming up with such great and different stories but she does. This is a terrific read, loved the characters and the back stories from the main characters. Very compelling read. Well done Diane, again!
on 1 December 2016
This is the first book by Diane Chamberlain that I have read and I couldn't put it down. The story was well rounded and I felt emotionally engaged with all the characters. It was easy to identify with their various struggles. Highly recommended.
on 11 July 2016
It was hard to put down and deal with everyday life. As my everyday life was also in a hard place with a very I'll relative it was a fantastic escape. I have read other novels by this gifted writer and like them this is a great read.
on 25 June 2012
Another good book by Diane Chamberlain. This one took a couple of attempts to read - I would get to the end of the 2nd chapter and I wouldn't feel the same pull to continue reading as I normally get from Diane's books.

I finally managed to get through and and I'm so glad I did. A really good story with a nice ending, albeit a little predictable!

Would recommend to any Diane Chamberlain fan!
on 9 August 2015
What a heart rendering story. I just couldn't put it down. Everyone had their own secret and reason for hiding away. I have enjoyed all of Diane's books that I have read, and look forward to the next one, in which I can lose myself for a while.