Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Fast quad-core processor up to 1.5 GHz - Up to 1.5 GHz for quicker apps and smoother videos
- Beautiful 6" HD display - (252 ppi / 1280x800) with over a million pixels
- Front and rear cameras - Rear-facing 1080p HD camera and front-facing camera for video calls
- Free, unlimited cloud storage - For all Amazon content and photos taken with your Fire devices
- Massive selection of digital content - Enjoy over 33 million songs, movies, TV shows, books, Android apps and games
- Great for the whole family - Individual profiles for sharing books, games, apps, movies with family members.
- Stay connected and productive - Fast web browsing, and e-mail support. Plus, edit and view Office documents
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
... So I have given up and stopped using this device. I value my privacy, no matter how boring or mundane my conversations are at home they are private and that is valuable to me. I have now purchased a new tablet from another company which doesn't come with Alexa.
Please wise up Amazon and make Alexa optional on your tablet updates or you will loose more customers!
I required a small tablet to be easily portable, to be able to watch videos, maybe listen to some music, and to read and occasionally take some notes. The Fire 6 HD does an admirable job of all of those.
* The screen is very crisp and clear and videos look extremely good given the screen size
* The audio is acceptable for most videos, although its a little Bass light for most music Id want to listen to - this may not be the case for everyone.
* The default, built in reading experience is very good and there are plenty of reading apps available if you need something different
* Having such a direct link to the Kindle book store is awesome, although it could be very easy to spend too much on books!
* Its nice to be able to browse the book store on any computer and have any Kindle books delivered direct to the tablet
* Battery life seems to be adequate - I can watch about a two hours of video and read for several hours and the battery will be at around 50%
* There seem to be plenty of apps available, many of them entirely free (Keep an eye on free apps that also advertise 'in app' purchasing - this seems to mean that the app is crippled with advertisements or only partially available unless you spend money)
* On screen keyboard works very well, as does the predictive text if you use it
* The interface is simple to use and customise
* Because of the shiny glass screen lighting can be an issue when reading or watching a video. You would struggle to view this in bright sunlight for example, although generally speaking I have no problems when using this indoors or in the car.
* Connects nicely to my WiFi at home but seems to struggle to re-connect when I have travelled out for the day and returned. This is cured by cycling the power, but it shouldn't really be required.
Iv only played simple card games on my tablet so I cant comment on the game usability, but for the things I want to do this is a great little device, and Id strongly recommend it providing you want it for pretty much the same reasons as I do.
As for the speed, first impressions aren't good. When exiting an app, it can take as long as 10 seconds for the home screen to load. That alone makes it feel sluggish. The Facebook app took 36 seconds to load before crashing. On the second attempt, it opened successfully, after a wait of almost a minute.
And don't forget: no SD card slot.
I do like the portable size of this tablet, but I think I paid about £20 too much for it. I wasn't expecting it to be quite this slow.
So I had serious think about my situation. Then I visited Amazon Warehouse deals and read myself up on this this product. '6 is what I needed and it has a lot of interesting features.
So I made an order. A no brainer, really taken the price into account. I got this thing and started to explore it after charging it up.
It is indeed fast, reliable and really cool on my eyes. It is great with reading books. The butterfly thing got my approval too. In short, there is a lot of apps here which makes me both happy and impressed. And I have not started to use this item properly yet.
Oh, we will get on just fine, me and this personal assistant in the coming years. I am checking out and downloading stuff from the Appstore to fulfil my needs.
This is a great item I can use everywhere due to the size and agility. I can see the potentials here.