My MILTB (Mother In Law To Be! yikes!!) was looking for a new telly as her old cathode ray tube effort finally blew it's last valve! It took five burly men to get it out the house due to the weight of the two feet thick glass screen. It had the words 'John Logie Baird woz ere' scrawled on the back, whatever that meant?

Anyhow, she had a good look on here and opted for this one. This is a mahoosive telly upgrade to her and after looking at the specs v price I quite liked it myself. Well spotted MILTB! It's been showing corrie and Pointless for a week or so now so I'll let you know how it's going.

A great looking glossy black finish to the frame really sets this tv off well. The 32 inch LED screen provides a lovely 720p HD standard picture. Vibrant colours and great detail here. So spot on pic quality. Soundwise it's all good too. The MILTB is going deaf nowadays (DEAF I SAY!) and she's really happy with the sound and says it's better than her old telly! The remote control is well laid out and user friendly as far as I can see, so that's good and it has built in freeview of course.

So she is very happy with it thankfully! Now she isn't bothered about connectivity as she just wants to watch Take the high road and Within these walls. She doesn't play COD Black Ops or Fifa. I'd batter her on both anyway :)

But connectivity there is folks!

- 2 HDMI
- VGA
- USB port
- Scart
- YpbPr
- Headphone socket

So if you want to connect your pc up to surf the net on a nice big screen, xbox 360, a speaker system or anything else, you can no problem.

It can also be wall mounted if preferable via the Vesa M4 200 X 100 mount/stand.

Yup a cracking little television with a good build quality, great picture and good sound. What more could you ask of a telly?

Recommended by the MILTB. Grrrrr!

I'm only kidding. . .she's very lovely :) *hides*
VINE VOICEon 26 September 2013
I bought this set for my 72 year old mother in law who just needed a basic tv.

The Finlux 6030 is fantastic value. A pin sharp picture, built in Freeview and a decent sound output. Installation was a doddle - simply plug in, switch on and follow the on screen prompts using the remote to confirm your instructions. The ability to attach an external usb or hard drive enabling you to record programmes is a big plus.

I doubt you'll be able to find a better looking tv whose picture has so much clarity for under £200.

Highly recommended.
on 22 April 2013
I bought this TV direct from Finlux Direct (not Amazon) about a month ago having never had a modern TV before nor bought a new TV. Overall, I would say I was pleased about it and it has some great features:
- USB port so you can record TV and pause live TV - I have a 16GB USB stick in there and works for the occasional recording I do. You can't record one channel and watch another - you'll need a PVR for that - but great unexpected extra with the TV. Records when the TV is on standby.
- nice bushed-black metal type finish on the black surround - doesn't have any reflection like a gloss one - quite stylish in my opinion.
- good sound quality - I don't it on that loud but it was much better than my old one and doesn't go quiet when watching DVDs like some TVs can.
- picture is really great and clear - I didn't have to do any adjusting to get the right tone. I only watch Freeview so not sure what it is like HD or anything like that.
- I think this TV has quite a good energy rating too - this is good as there is no "off" button - just onto standby. To turn the TV off completely, you need to switch it off at the plug. But perhaps this is the way with new TVs these days?!

The downsides:
- there is some light bleeding in the bottom right corner. It is especially noticeable when watching films which have the black bars along the top and the bottom of the screen. Everyday watching you can't tell - its just when there is black on the bottom of the screen. It would be good if this didn't happen but I've read its an issue with Finlux TVs but as it was quite cheap, can't complain.
- if you have a USB stick permanently in the TV, when you turn the TV on after a few seconds it switches to a screen to browse the media device. A little annoying.
- the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) defaults to "Now and Next" rather than a nice schedule view - this is only minor and just personal preference - but the now and next doesn't tell you when now or next is!

Some people I have read complaining about the remote but I don't have a problem with it - just getting used to where the buttons are. Would be nice if the EPG button was a little more prominent.

I did have some issues with using the record function when I first got the TV but they resolved themselves after a few days.
on 7 November 2012
After repeated requests from my partner to get a TV for the bedroom, I began to look for a no hassle LED TV. Something that I could just put on the wall, no separate set-top box or anything. Well this Finlux TV is great value and has very good quality. The contrast levels are very satisfying, you do not get corner bleeding or motion juddering like you could see in Samsung or LG. It is also good for decoration, looks and feels so chic. I suppose we could put this in our living room too, because it has 4 HDMI inputs, so definitely sufficient enough to use as a part of a home cinema system. Definitely recommended.
on 29 July 2013
My teenage son wanted a TV to play his Xbox on - and this one is absolutely perfect. The picture is pin sharp and the sound is clear. It also looks really smart - we're both delighted. Other reviewers can talk about the technical stuff - but, from our point of view, we couldn't have asked for more. Next time I'm in the market for a telly, I'll be buying Finlux.
on 8 September 2013
I bought this to watch tv in the bedroom. I liked the price which was very competitive. Easy to set up,good picture quality and sound which can be set up to suit your personnel needs. I am really pleased with it and delivery was very quick.A great buy and would recommend it to anybody.
on 18 November 2013
Bought as an early Christmas pressie for our daughter as she moved away to uni. It is a really good picture and having the recordable usb port is really impressive for the cost. She is very pleased with it.
on 13 October 2013
This T.V was very good value for money, however I was a little disappointed I had to buy the USB memory to be able to record, I thought this feature was already ready to use when I bought the T.V.
on 31 October 2013
OMG i can fit it i my room but its really to wide i bought it for my 17year old daughter she was so amazed so evry night she plays games and watches movies on it ( very happy
on 15 March 2014
great buy, great price. delivered earlier than expected, only problem is there is a high pitch buzzing noise only at times, heard more when tv is muted