The Finite Element Method and Applications in Engineering Using Ansys Paperback – 5 Nov 2007
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Finite Element Method and Applications with ANSYS® provides the reader with theoretical and practical knowledge of the finite element method and with the skills required to analyze engineering problems with ANSYS®, a commercially available FEA program. This self-contained, introductory text minimizes the need for additional reference material, covering the fundamental topics in finite element methods, as well as advanced topics concerning modeling and analysis with ANSYS®. These subjects are introduced through extensive examples from various engineering disciplines and are presented in a clear, step-by-step fashion. The book focuses on the use of ANSYS® through both the Graphics User Interface (GUI) and the ANSYS® Parametric Design Language (APDL).
This volume addresses these specific areas:
An introduction to FEM
Fundamentals and analysis capabilities of ANSYS®, with practical modeling considerations
Fundamentals of discretization and approximation functions
Modeling techniques and details of mesh generation in ANSYS®
Creating solutions and reviewing results
Finite element equations based on the method of weighted residuals and on the principle of minimum potential energy
The use of commands and APDL and the development of macro files
Example problems and solutions corresponding to linear structural analysis
Example problems and solutions related to heat transfer and moisture diffusion
Nonlinear structural problems
Advanced subjects such as submodeling, substructuring, interaction with external files, and modification of ANSYS®-GUI
Additional materials for this book, including the "input" files for the example problems, as well as the colored figures and screen shots, allowing them to be regenerated on the reader’s own computer, may be downloaded from http://extras.springer.com.
Students, researchers, and practicing engineers will find this an essential reference for use in predicting and simulating the physical behavior of complex engineering systems using ANSYS®.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I have tried others similar, but this one contains not only basic information, but also really more advanced subjects, like non-linear analysis issues.
I really recommend it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Computer Aided Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering