on 6 December 2013
I thought it was expensive until I tasted it - absolutely delicious, you can tell it is very high quality chocolate. And I had the fountain going for at least 3 hours and the chocolate continued to flow and did not solidify like other chocolate I have used. Very creamy and great with strawberries and marshmallows.
on 16 January 2012
Purchased this chocolate to go with a mini chocolate fondue. Chocolate melts quickly and easily just using a tea-light. Delicious taste - great for dipping fruit into.
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2016
Really nice quality chocolate drops which work very well in our (bargain...ahem, cheap) chocolate fountain. Having tried the cheap versions which need smoothing down with sunflower oil (approx a cup at a time) I would much rather pay the extra for these every time. They melt quickly and flow really smoothly with no need for oil. We use about a mug full, and estimate 4-5 uses out of this bag. Once the fun is over, this chocolate cleans up quickly and easily with little mess - mostly because we've not had to add the oil so its not like cleaning up an oil slick afterwards! Spare chocolate can be tipped into an airtight container and saved for the next time, when it melts nicely and tastes just as good.
on 11 April 2012
will definately buy this again melts easily in the microwave and kids love the chocolate fountain dont need to make the bag resealable all the choc dissappears quickly lol
on 30 November 2011
Bought this with the giles and posner chocolate fountain. Comes in a reseable bag, but depends on the size you require. There was more than enough in the packet, so I would suggest a smaller packet, use it once and throw it away. Arrived very promptly, very efficient.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 April 2016
I initially bought this to use in a chocolate fountain.
After reading the instructions to use the chocolate fountain I have to be honest and say that I didn't know you had to add cooking oil to the chocolate and rather a huge amount in my mind. (3 cups of chocolate chips and up to 1 cup of cooking oil).
I am sure it tastes fine as I have no doubt indulged before but I was just shuddering at the thought of adding it myself.

Thankfully I came across this chocolate which doesn't require oil in the mix.
I was so pleased.

This bag contains a lot of chocolate chips so we didn't use it all at once.
We occasionally just put some in a bowl, warm it and dip from there.
The chocolate is really nice and tasty - a hit with everyone who has tried it.

What I will say and and this is a positive in my mind is due to the quality of the chocolate I have found that the girls don't eat so much.
They say it is lovely but rich which I think is great - no overindulging.
Marshmallows are particularly filling so again a positive because now more often than not the half healthy fruit option is the favourite.
I say half healthy because fruit covered in chocolate can only be considered in that way :)

Just to note you can put the bag into the microwave direct for warming prior to adding to a chocolate fountain.
If you are using it all in one go its a bonus not having to wash another bowl up.
Secondly if like me you are only using in small quantities the bag is resealable.
review image review image review image
on 3 February 2014
My daughters are obsessed with chocolate fountains. I bought one on Amazon for £14 and I have been buying this chocolate ever since to fill it. My advice is to put half of the bag into a bowl and melt what you need. Don't do the whole bag then allow the remainder to solidify again. It doesn't re-melt very well nor does it taste as nice. Great value and lovely rich taste.
on 20 August 2016
I melted this bag of chocolate buttons in a pan of boiling water and then just poured it into the chocolate fountain.
With the heat from the fountain it stayed molten and not too hot. It did not overheat or burn.
So easy to use, I didn't have to use any oil or anything else.
Don't let it set in the fountain, unless you want to spend an hour cleaning. Pour off as much as possible before it cools.
This was my favourite of the 3 (white, dark and milk chocolate) having a luxurious creamy texture and good flavour.
review image
on 29 October 2013
Bought to use for chocolate fountain at grandson's christening. Delicious tasting and the one bag lasted for the whole afternoon. Highly recommended.
on 24 February 2016
This bag of choclate went a long way. Arrived quicky which was just as well as daughter was holding her first dinner party and wanted to use chocolate fountain as dessert. She said she loved that u melted it in t bag in the microwave which saved on a lot of mess and it was quicky and easy to do. It was a very rich smooth creamy chocolate that she said tasted good hot or cold, cold it was lovely as she did me some chocolate covered strawberries to have next day so all in all a great bag of choclate that went a long long way